• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Looking for a small block V8 & tranny

Monkey55

NAXJA Forum User
Hey People...

I'm looking for a 305, 327, or a 350 Chevy Engine and a 4 speed tranny - 700r or 200r. I thought I'd see if anyone around here has either one or both. Mabye still in a car, carb, fuel injection... whatever.. I'm looking.. :cool:

I'm not looking for leads or for people say, "try craigslist" or "go to pick-a-part in ontario." or anything of the sort. :nono: I know how to search around.. :geek:

I knew a few people around here, including myself, hoard stuff.. :gee:

Thanks,
E

I got a 1993 4.3l V6 out of my old S-10 along with a 4L60E transmission. Needs some work.

I have a 350 you can have, but it does need a complete rebuild. Came from a 77 chevy pickup. Longblock only.

EliasJ123 said:
Hey People...

I'm looking for a 305, 327, or a 350 Chevy Engine and a 4 speed tranny - 700r or 200r. I thought I'd see if anyone around here has either one or both. Mabye still in a car, carb, fuel injection... whatever.. I'm looking.. :cool:

I'm not looking for leads or for people say, "try craigslist" or "go to pick-a-part in ontario." or anything of the sort. :nono: I know how to search around.. :geek:

I knew a few people around here, including myself, hoard stuff.. :gee:

Thanks,
E

E.

Call Carlos @ A&R Auto in Gardena (310)704-7822. He has a few things laying around, and he is cleaning the shop.. Tell him that Scott sent you..

Scott.

Ok Hijackers (Skwerly) "Step Away From the Chevy Parts!!" :twak:

Blazair - I just PM'd you..

Leep - That's a Crysler engine.. Right?? If so, I don't want to mess with putting it in my '55..

JohnX & 1998xj1985 - Very possible..

Scoot - Thanks... I'll shoot him a call later today..

Elias

I have a buddy with a 350 i believe 4 bolt main he's offered me for my ford, but I'm going 351w and don't need it.

I'll drop him a line.

Blazair is out since I would need to replace the output shaft..

JohnX - I'm not sure the long block will fit my '55 Chevy without cutting the firewall.. I'll look into it..

i have a 4L80E mated to a borg warner 1370 if you want a heavy duty trans. it has maybe 5K miles on it. bought it from GM (have reciept)for a 91 4x4 duelly that i ended up parting out the truck. it has the upgraded wireing harness, deep sump aluminum pan, torque converter, and rarely used transfer case (BW1370). sorry no small blocks, just big blocks.

If the 350 does not fit, lol. Then none of the engines you are asking for will fit.

A long block is heads, block, and internals only. No distribby, intake, carb, headers...

A short block is the same thing minus the heads.

shelbyluvv said:
If the 350 does not fit, lol. Then none of the engines you are asking for will fit.

A long block is heads, block, and internals only. No distribby, intake, carb, headers...

A short block is the same thing minus the heads.

Damit Bo! You beat me to it!

2stix said:
i have a 4L80E mated to a borg warner 1370 if you want a heavy duty trans. it has maybe 5K miles on it. bought it from GM (have reciept)for a 91 4x4 duelly that i ended up parting out the truck. it has the upgraded wireing harness, deep sump aluminum pan, torque converter, and rarely used transfer case (BW1370). sorry no small blocks, just big blocks.
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE make the 55 a 4x4!!!!!

then you wont be able to come to cleghorn! :D

GrimmJeeper said:
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE make the 55 a 4x4!!!!!

then you wont be able to come to cleghorn! :D

LOL.. It wouldn't look cool either.. 4x4 trannies won't work because the output shaft needs to be replaced.. Too much work...

JohnX - What do you have on the engine?? Only block with the heads?? Carb?? brackets?? Valve covers??

I've been PM'ing 1998xj1985 back and forth about his dad's 307..

I've been

EliasJ123 said:
LOL.. It wouldn't look cool either..
sure it would!
33460005sm.jpg

http://mycoolcustom.com/1956-Chevy-2dr-Post-Bel-Air-4x4.html :D

Mine has Block, with internals, heads, valve covers, and oil pan still on it.

Let me say again though....this motor BARELY ran when pulled, it would only be good for a complete rebuild.

Back