• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Buena Park on Thursday...

Jump This

Just another minion!
I had a new motor built for my dune buggie at Outback (now Outfront) Motorsports and will be heading over to their shop tomorrow (Thursday) afternoon. Its on Commonwealth not far from the 5.
Anyone near there that might want to hook up for some grub in the afternoon?

Rick

I would but I'll probably still be at the job site until about 16:00 or so....

That's right down the street from me. Whatcha got in mind?

I can try. I have a DR appt in the morning. Take my # with you and give me a call when you are ready for lunch.

My cell # IS 714-319-7135

I'm talking more along the lines of dinner time. The shop that built the engine is open to 10pm on Thursday (note to business owners who cater to hobbiests...10:00pm closing time, one day a week, is a great ideal!)
I'm thinking about leaving here around four or five pm in order to miss some of the traffic. It will probably take me two and half hours to get there, so maybe dinner around 6:30?
Hmmm....that sounds kinda' late to be doing the kind of turn around I need to do....so, say I leave around three and make it there around 5:30?

Anyway, I don't know the place, and I guess I am assuming that there is some reasonable dinner place near there..

But that is what I am thinking....something to eat around 5:30.

Rick

Jump This said:
I had a new motor built for my dune buggie at Outback (now Outfront) Motorsports and will be heading over to their shop tomorrow (Thursday) afternoon. Its on Commonwealth not far from the 5.
Anyone near there that might want to hook up for some grub in the afternoon?

Rick

I will be at booty call BB tomorrow nite,don't call me.......SANTA(I thought u were running VW?)

Jump This said:
But that is what I am thinking....something to eat around 5:30. Rick

Ok, cool. But I am out. I have school on Thursday nights. I am going after my MBA...

Maybe next time?

4xSanta said:
I will be at booty call BB tomorrow nite,don't call me.......SANTA(I thought u were running VW?)

I WAS running VW....

but now I got 250 hp!!

:D

Oh...so your saying the booty call is more important to you than I am!!

:yelclap:

I'll have dinner with you, Rick.

Jump This said:
Well, in that case, I should be good for dinner around that time. I'll call you tomorrow afternoon.
Wait.... Your # is not in my phone. Call me 714-423-7722.

Jump This said:
Hmmm....that sounds kinda' late to be doing the kind of turn around I need to do....so, say I leave around three and make it there around 5:30?

Rick

How you coming up here? 3:00 might be a little late especially if you're coming in from the 10 or even the 5 for that matter.

I'll be coming in from the 91, from the east.
I'm thinking that I might be going opposite of most of the traffic at that time?
But what do I know about traffic? You guys have rush hour that lasts half the day, out here we have what we call 'rush moment', that is when we actually stop and wait for a car to go by...

Hey Rick, if you wait until Tuesday, you can join us at the OC meet & greet..... :laugh3: :laugh3:

Jump This said:
I'll be coming in from the 91, from the east.
I'm thinking that I might be going opposite of most of the traffic at that time?
But what do I know about traffic? You guys have rush hour that lasts half the day, out here we have what we call 'rush moment', that is when we actually stop and wait for a car to go by...

You might be alright but expect traffic going through Riverside.

I'm sitting here with nothing better to do, so I'm heading out now.
Its just after 1pm.
I'll call Kyung (don't have anyone elses #) and check see whats up
after I get there and pick up the engine.

Rick

cell # 760-415-9859

Make it home yet Rick?

(hope he's not still stuck in traffic)

xjohnnyc said:
Make it home yet Rick?

(hope he's not still stuck in traffic)

Damn you guys have a boat load of cars out your way!!

That 91 was stop and go and slow and go for miles on end.

But...it still only took me two and a half hours to get home.

Big thanks to the Korean Mafia (Johnny and Kyung) for helping me break into that white truck
(I told them it was mine!)
Next time we meet up for some grub lets find something other than a Carl's Jr.

Rick

Back