• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What used to be Johnny's doors, are now my Half doors...

ruggedjeep

NAXJA Forum User
DSCN2561.jpg

:D :D

Thank you Johnny !!
Now i just need to find some hinges and im good to go!

Full write-up with details can be seen here
http://www.ruggedjeep.com/wforum/viewtopic.php?t=140

Last edited:
They will get skinned with sheetmetal eventually with an intergrated cup holder :D Since i dont weld, i gotta wait till my buddy has time to do that.
After the paint dries, i will run plastic door molding all the way around so there will not be any sharp edges exposed.

Geeez, that was fast. I just gave them to you yesterday. :)

Glad to see that they were put to good use.

Sexy:exclamati

ruggedjeep said:
:shhh: Hey atleast its not herculiner :D

Hey I saw your Jeep yesterday night, off Ventura Blvd where Chilis is.

mabi i missed it but why did you kill the inside of the doors to the point of needing to re-skin them, mine just need modified door pannels on the inside
DSCN0453.jpg

dang thats an old pic, i will see if i have a better one
05_21_06_1401.jpg

not better but definately newer

Last edited:
FitchVA said:
stupid question here...

why does everyone remove the stock side mirrors and bolt on some other type? are the others just easier to fold in? i've always wondered that
thats it exactly.

steagall the doors were bare metal when i got them, i just cut a few of the brackets inside. I guess it was just easier... Skinning them isnt a problem, so i didnt think much when i was cutting. :D

Steve- I'm actually gonna be running stock XJ mirrors, just need to find a pair at the yards. The doors didnt come with any when i picked them up.

Back