• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shooting trip, first time taking the Jeep off the paved highway

blackhawk411

NAXJA Forum User
So im fairly new here, I mostly do alot of lurking. Great information on this board. Planning on going red soon :patriot:

We went to this spot that one of the customers told us about (I sell guns at Turner's Outdoorsman lol) and it was really awesome. Got to shoot at free targets, it was great. Also first time taking the Jeep on dirt road, it did okay but alot of rattling and clunking. Seems to be old bushings and such. Never had to put the thing in 4Lo or 4Hi. My friend hauled in his lifted 2wheel drive F350 as I tried to keep up with him the Jeep was being thrown around so I had to slow down lol. Anyway, I was quite satisfied with the performance of the Jeep because it had zero trouble on the country trail. Here are some of the pics. It was pretty cool, deputies came up there checked out our guns told us to be careful. I'm glad I found a spot to shoot legally and FREEEE~~

ps. I'm the asian dude in camie pants and black shirt. The one with an AR:skull1:

IMG_5824.jpg

IMG_5823.jpg

IMG_5831.jpg

haha.jpg

haha2.jpg

haha3.jpg

IMG_5833.jpg

Yes, the XJ is purple...ppl at work call it Barney. lol, it went into the bodyshop it's being re-painted.

Where did you guys go shooting? I like the heavy barreled 10/22 (Butler Creek conversion?) I'm suprised the deputys didn't hassle you about your AR....I was under the impression that it was only legal to shoot them at a public range (California sucks!):dunno: and lastly, which Turners do you work at;) --------Hans

Nice, boar or sow? Let's sse the tusks.

Oatmeal said:
Where did you guys go shooting? I like the heavy barreled 10/22 (Butler Creek conversion?) I'm suprised the deputys didn't hassle you about your AR....I was under the impression that it was only legal to shoot them at a public range (California sucks!):dunno: and lastly, which Turners do you work at;) --------Hans

I do happen to have a california legal AR/M4 but I rarely take it out in public...

on another note I would also like to know what turners you work at....I need an XD 45 in the tactical version and I'm ready to buy it from you, if you work off commision. Otherwise i'm off to the san bernardino location

Justin

xjjeeper19 said:
I do happen to have a california legal AR/M4 but I rarely take it out in public...

on another note I would also like to know what turners you work at....I need an XD 45 in the tactical version and I'm ready to buy it from you, if you work off commision. Otherwise i'm off to the san bernardino location

Justin
if you get an XD .45 you want to get an aftermarket grip safety for it. IIRC it's Barsto that makes it. Why do you want it? If you don't depress the safety all the way and rack the slide, you will slice the plastic of top of the current one and lock the slide on the frame. Springfield will fix it for you at no charge (drill out the slide stop) and put same part that had the problem back in for ya and ship it back :D Otherwise then that, they're great guns.

ruggedjeep said:
Scope is leupold vx-ii 3x9x40, Ill let you know next time i go where i go. Up to 1500yard targets.
nice! I need to get my workout one of these days. Farthest distance I played at with my 700 is nowhere near that....... heck, I still haven't broken it in! IIRC it's got less then 60 rounds through it

Kejtar said:
if you get an XD .45 you want to get an aftermarket grip safety for it. IIRC it's Barsto that makes it. Why do you want it? If you don't depress the safety all the way and rack the slide, you will slice the plastic of top of the current one and lock the slide on the frame. Springfield will fix it for you at no charge (drill out the slide stop) and put same part that had the problem back in for ya and ship it back :D Otherwise then that, they're great guns.

I will be giving Barsto machine a call after I get it...I have been looking at there mods for as long as I've been shopping for this one...

Justin

I work at the Turner's in Chino Hills. I'm there everyday except Tuesdays and Thursdays. Afternoon works.

I was shooting in Palm Springs desert.

My Ar is legal because it's got that 'bullet button' lol.

In SB area, Manzanita flats (hwy 330 @ 1 1/2 miles from 1st ranger station), and 2 places off main trail out of fawnskin are open shooting areas, and FREE. Manzanita flats is closed during high fire danger. Most BLM land is open-shooting, however some places (like mojave dry lake bed) have restrictions due to high ATV activity. Been out at Jawbone canyon a couple times w/ one of my brothers - he shoots the super-long range stuff.

Back