• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Local Weld Spiders Dana 35

cds36

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys as some of you know I think im the only 2wd here lol. But I want to weld my spiders on my dana 35 to lock the rear end up. Does anyone here locally know how to do that? I plan on getting a dana 44 fully spooled but would mind locking up the 35 for now or untill it blows. My jeep isnt a daily driver, only weekend. So im not worried about the tire wear. If someone can weld them up for me let me know. I am in San Bernardino and can travel.

I'll let you use my welder to break your axles.....not to mention I'm local to you.

I also might have a few extra axles you can carry with you all the time just in case your tire passes you up.

Justin

Honestly dude, unless you just want to see what it's like to grenade a diff, I would not run it welded up. When you break it you may hold someone else up on the trail and since you are 2WD you will also need someone to tow you. Not looking to bag on you, just sharing some insight.

Nah thats cool, it see's more desert than rocks. Point taken, ill just wait for a 44 spooled to come my way.

jeeperjohn said:
Honestly dude, unless you just want to see what it's like to grenade a diff...

Dang! When I saw the first post, I was thinking "might as well paint it green and put a sheet metal clip and a big ring on top!" :laugh3:

:fuse: :explosion

bburge

Now, is this a design flaw of the 35? I've got the 8.25 with welded spiders and it broke once, but we re-welded it. I've got it mainly to tide me over until I can get new low gears and a real locker in the back.

BlackSport96 said:
Now, is this a design flaw of the 35? I've got the 8.25 with welded spiders and it broke once, but we re-welded it. I've got it mainly to tide me over until I can get new low gears and a real locker in the back.

The 35 is made of paper mache, where the 8.25 at least has some steal in it.

I figured the 8.25 should hold up better, just wanted to be sure I had no need to watch for passing tires...

Wow I didnt know the 35 was that bad. Keep inmind my jeep see's way more desert than rocks. Im seting it up for the fast stuff. Jeepspeed stuff. I do plan on moving to a dana 44. I figured it wouldnt be so bad since I only weekend drive it and that's not every weekend, and most go to hesperia and romp around there. No rock climbing. Thanks for all your input

I'll trade ya my 8.25 for your D44 when you get it...lighter weight, almost as strong...better suited for high speed...;) J/K, I just want a D44 in my XJ. I do mostly trails and rocks. Your 35 oughta hold up as long as you keep it open and keep in mind that its going to be somewhat stressed with the 33s. If you can, I'd even consider trussing it just to help with ale housing.tube strength in the mean time.

Back