• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rattling noise under floor

tgoff

NAXJA Forum User
I have a rattling/binding problem with my 86 XJ. The noise is an err, err, err, well hard to describe the noise but it is coming from the passenger rear area of the XJ. I thought it was the rear sway bar and ditched it. I had this problem before and after I lifted it. I lifted it 3" with S10 bastard pack and at the same time new shocks. The noise occurs when I make a left turn and the weight shifts to the passenger side of the jeep. I think it may be the upper body spring mount but when I took it off during the lift it looked ok. It can also get into modes when the noise will occur going straight usually on bumpy roads. If anyone has had any similar noise and can lead me in the right direction it would be great. I have got under the vehicle and shook the exhaust pipe around, rocked it side to side, up and down but cannot replicate the sound. It’s really becoming a pain in my ass because it sounds bad like something it’s going to break.

i would look at the exaust, they like to come loose and make noise.

Back