• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Warn m8000 winch Q

BRIANHO13

<- Yum Chocolate
Can you rotate the motor 90 degrees? I would like the terminals for the motor to be on the front or back not he top as installed. If it can be rotated what bolts do I take out?

http://www.warn.com/truck/ReplacementParts/parts/5/srrpl105-106.pdf

If I remember correctly you can only rotate it 180 from where it is, and the above PDF is going along with what I remember pull the 2 bolts on the end of the motor flip it over and put em back in; However the nuts on the other end of the bolts are usually just square nuts in a recess so you may have to pull the drum and everything if you knock one of them loose.

I will check with my rebuilder tomorrow and verify that.
J

Yea I found that PDF earlier, but if I can't do 90 degrees I will just have to figure out another may to mount the controler. Thanks for the info.
STEELFISH said:
http://www.warn.com/truck/ReplacementParts/parts/5/srrpl105-106.pdf

If I remember correctly you can only rotate it 180 from where it is, and the above PDF is going along with what I remember pull the 2 bolts on the end of the motor flip it over and put em back in; However the nuts on the other end of the bolts are usually just square nuts in a recess so you may have to pull the drum and everything if you knock one of them loose.

I will check with my rebuilder tomorrow and verify that.
J

Starscream918 said:
Yes, you can do 90*. I just did mine a few days ago and it worked fine.

How difficult was it? Just the two bolts Steelfish referenced?

BRIANHO13 said:
How difficult was it? Just the two bolts Steelfish referenced?
Once you remove those two bolts, you'll see that they are a few inches long. Pull them out about an inch, then pull the motor out just enough to rotate it (maybe a cm). When you pull it out, look for a small alignment pin. There will be holes for it at 0, 90, 180, and 270*. Just rotate that pin to whichever of those spots you want it in. I put mine backwards 90* so that the terminals and wires would be against my grill and out of the way. Don't worry about breaking any seals (like I was) because it actually has a sort of big o-ring that seals it up. Once you're done, just tighten those two bolts back up and you're done.

Starscream918 said:
I put mine backwards 90* so that the terminals and wires would be against my grill and out of the way.

but then wasnt the big ground wire stuck out front? my M8000 has three wires on top and a ground at the bottom.

-Tim

Yes but I want to mount the control box to the top so I can't have wires the way. This way some will be out the front and one out the back.

Starscream918 said:
Yes, but one in front is better than three.

agreed, i just wanted to make sure i was on the same page. i mounted my control box under the hood, but i was still wondering about the motor rotation. thanks for all the info.

-Tim

Back