• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone running these seats yet?

IslanderOffRoad

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
They look nice, i just don't like the reclining part.. I had seat break on me when off roading.. Not these.... Since then i don't like them..

scottmcneal said:
They look nice, i just don't like the reclining part.. I had seat break on me when off roading.. Not these.... Since then i don't like them..

I guess I'm in the minority but I'd rather have a reclining seat. I like the adjustability for when I have rear seat passengers, or others driving the Jeep. I had fixed back seats in an S10 and hated them.

If they'll let me pick these up since they're local to me, I might try em out.

They look just like the Smittybilt copies of the Mastersraft recliners. I am running the Smittys and I love them. They are super nice and they cost half as much. The only problem is nobody I know of makes a bracket that will interchange (the Mastercrafts are close but are off by about 1/4-inch). This really isn't a problem and I just welded some metal to the original XJ frames to make them work. This worked fine although I made them too tall and need to take them our and shorten them up a bit. The ones in your link look identical and you should be happy.

Good luck!

KJ

kj139 said:
They look just like the Smittybilt copies of the Mastersraft recliners. I am running the Smittys and I love them. They are super nice and they cost half as much. The only problem is nobody I know of makes a bracket that will interchange (the Mastercrafts are close but are off by about 1/4-inch). This really isn't a problem and I just welded some metal to the original XJ frames to make them work. This worked fine although I made them too tall and need to take them our and shorten them up a bit. The ones in your link look identical and you should be happy.

Good luck!

KJ

Welding... something I can't do. I have fabbed adapter plates before that were just bolted together though.

They emailed me back, said seats are made in China/Taiwan, 21.5" wide, and they drop ship from the manufacturer so I can't pick them up local, which is kind of a bummer. Was hoping to save the shipping cost.

How wide are the Smittys?

I wonder whose mount pattern they use... Smittys or Mastercrafts.

WheelinJR said:
Seats are really a you get what you pay for sorta thing.
to an extent, i agree. however, so much stuff is made overseas now that these could literally be the same seats without the name brand.

i'd like to get my hands on a pair to see them IRL before buying, but I'd trust the judgement of someone here who's run them.

IslanderOffRoad said:
to an extent, i agree. however, so much stuff is made overseas now that these could literally be the same seats without the name brand.

i'd like to get my hands on a pair to see them IRL before buying, but I'd trust the judgement of someone here who's run them.

I have a set of Chinese seats (hunsaker) in my company JK, and compared to a PRP or a Mastercraft, I'm thoroughly unimpressed...padding is weak and the seats are just not comfortable at all.

I'd imagine that other Chinese seats are coming from similar or the same factory, and would expect similar or the same quality.

WheelinJR said:
I have a set of Chinese seats (hunsaker) in my company JK, and compared to a PRP or a Mastercraft, I'm thoroughly unimpressed...padding is weak and the seats are just not comfortable at all.

I'd imagine that other Chinese seats are coming from similar or the same factory, and would expect similar or the same quality.

Which Hunsakers are they? A friend of mine had some of their seats in his Mustang, and they seemed pretty decent to me, and I was running Corbeau's at the time.

Icon's, the reclining suspension seats.

I drove em all the way from Oregon to Vegas for SEMA...then when I got there I sat in Lizard's booth and BS'ed with him while I sat in one of his awesome Mastercrafts...I wanted to take a nap it was so comfy. I love those seats. He really knows how to make a rump rester.

At $225 each shipped you are getting into PRP, Beard or Corbeau price range. Most have come out with a reclining suspension seat in the past year or so. I'd PM some of the vendors on PBB, I got my PRP comp highbacks for quite a bit less then they are listed on the PRP site.

Oh and once you go to a real suspension seat you'll wonder why you didn't do it sooner.

IslanderOffRoad said:

I'm going to disagree with you in reference to seats. One of our Naxja locals (san diego area) works at Mastercraft, and while not a "seat" guy, does occasionally get called over during a very busy period to spend a couple of days welding up seats.

They are made local with high quality control.

jmop said:
At $225 each shipped you are getting into PRP, Beard or Corbeau price range. Most have come out with a reclining suspension seat in the past year or so. I'd PM some of the vendors on PBB, I got my PRP comp highbacks for quite a bit less then they are listed on the PRP site.

Oh and once you go to a real suspension seat you'll wonder why you didn't do it sooner.

Please show me where I can get a name brand RECLINING suspension seat for $225 each shipped. I know it can be done with a fixed-back seat, but well, thats not what I want.

Back