• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Is This Another Gimmick?

it seems like it would burn out if you actually "used" it.

all they did was stick a hair dryer into the intake hose, then put a fiter on the hair dryer's intake...

maybe you could just spend 20 buck and do it yourself :dunce:

It will produce boost but you would only need it to run under high loads. A hobbs switch could operate it. It seems like a joke but it will move enough air to make boost. It is probably good for 10-15hp. But it will also cause a lean condition under boost which could be a problem. I wouldn't buy it, but it should work. It's a blowdryer for your engine. Lifespan could be an issue also.

let's see,
the average hyped up hair dryer run's at 200 CFM's
a 4.0 liter engine is 244 cubic inch's or 0.14 cu. ft.
244cu.in. x 3000 rpm's = 732,000 cu.in/minute or 420 CFM's
divided by 2 ( 4 stroke engine only has 2 crank rev's/4 stroke's )
make's 366,000 cu.in/minute or 210 CFM's.

technically off idle it help's but exactly how many lbs of boost it add's is the question. someone else can figure that one out. :D

yes it's a gimmick,, tell us how it work's......

jeannies_driver said:
let's see,
the average hyped up hair dryer run's at 200 CFM's
a 4.0 liter engine is 244 cubic inch's or 0.14 cu. ft.
244cu.in. x 3000 rpm's = 732,000 cu.in/minute or 420 CFM's
divided by 2 ( 4 stroke engine only has 2 crank rev's/4 stroke's )
make's 366,000 cu.in/minute or 210 CFM's.

technically off idle it help's but exactly how many lbs of boost it add's is the question. someone else can figure that one out. :D

yes it's a gimmick,, tell us how it work's......
It will not make any pressure. It will only reduce the work the engine does to pull the air into the cylinder. It would make a difference but a negligible one. It could, in fact be argued that the electrical draw would negate any benefit.

My buddy bought a 86 fj60 landcruiser, as I went through it I found something interesting. the intake had the typical air duct/dryer vent hose but it went to a box that had a fan in it! Almost like what is in that ad. It looked very stock but I have no idea how well it worked cause we pitched it as soon as we saw it and went with sidedrafts. There was a switch for it and everything. I wonder how many hamsters that added to the motor?
Jeremy

It will add another 75 hp, but only if you also add a "tornado" and an inline fuel magnet, a set of battery chains to hold in the power and half a dozen "Type R" stickers. They also make a "Gen II" electric supercharger..those are double top secret...they are hidden inside the fake superchargers on NHRA Top Fuel cars....:D

MudDawg said:
It will add another 75 hp, but only if you also add a "tornado" and an inline fuel magnet, a set of battery chains to hold in the power and half a dozen "Type R" stickers. They also make a "Gen II" electric supercharger..those are double top secret...they are hidden inside the fake superchargers on NHRA Top Fuel cars....:D

Now thats funny :)

Back