• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

mufflers!

I have the flowmaster 40 that comes in from Rusty's Offroad. I am not sure on the off set but I could check on that tomorrrow. It sounds really nice but it is a little loud.

Chris

:D $17 Cherry Bomb Turbo and a turndown from 'Zone. 2.25" in/out center/offset.

HPIM0862.jpg

Not trying to highjack this thread but what is the (users) as in you guys opinion of the best header/catback exhaust system?

I have been running a Thrush Red Hed glasspack for the last 5 years. It has 21/4" in/out. It has stood up to being used as a skid plate quite well :gee:!

I running a thrush welded muffler. Just like a flowmaster but half the price. Sound good on my v8.

94XJ2door5speed said:
Not trying to highjack this thread but what is the (users) as in you guys opinion of the best header/catback exhaust system?

Really happy with my Rusty's cat-back.

Its all about Spintech Mufflers, i have 2.25 to the manaflow cat, and 2.5" from the cat back. Sounds great, throaty, not too loud and annoying.

2.5" in & out Walker "custom" fit glass packed muffler with diagonal inlet and outlet. It's literaly a direct fit with the Dynomax cat back system with a little more bark. And it too has held up well to being used as a skid plate!!!

94XJ2door5speed said:

I like the borla header best.

I run a Borla shortube header with 2.5" downpipe, dynomax hi-flow cat, flowmaster series 50, artsound 2.5" exhaust from the flange back.

Banks header with full 2.5" custom exhaust from header back. Magnaflow 2.5" converter and Flowmaster 70 series with 2.5 in/out. I wanted all the performance without the noise. Still sounds much better than stock. I dont know what it did as far as performance since I did the header, exhaust and installed the Edge trailjammer at the same time. Between the exhaust and intake I gained quite a bit of power, espescially over 3000 rpms and I also gained about 1.5mpg. Thats a win/win in my book.

After installing my Magnaflow my engine seems to be running cooler. Has anyone else experienced this with other mufflers? I was running about 209 before, and now I'm usually below 200. I'm not sure if it's from the new muffler, the weather, or just that my old muffler had mud & junk in it.

BTW the Magnaflow is MUCH quiter than I expected. Maybe there's mud in the cat too.

Back