• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

how high can i lift the front of an xj with....

93xjpos

NAXJA Forum User
how high can i lift the front of my xj without having to get longer control arms and stuff? i have a 3 inch lift was wondering if i could add a 1 inch coil spacer to the 3 inch lift coil to get 4 inches without having to extend stuff. i can get the sway bar links modifyed at work so not worried about them. and will the 3 inch shocks work with 4 inches?

3" is generally considered the max for stock arms.

of course, if you're still running the stock trackbar, brakelines, and sway bar links, you already have some problems

93xjpos said:
how high can i lift the front of my xj without having to get longer control arms and stuff? i have a 3 inch lift was wondering if i could add a 1 inch coil spacer to the 3 inch lift coil to get 4 inches without having to extend stuff. i can get the sway bar links modifyed at work so not worried about them. and will the 3 inch shocks work with 4 inches?

Buy some drop brizackets on there and get a longer trac bar.

I got away with 2" spacers in the front and longer lower control arms with a trac bar relocation bracket for about 2 years.

HPIM0501-1.jpg

I recently(last spring) moved up to long arms and more lift and it actually rides better now though.
HPIM1163.jpg

I Know you can do a 3.5" with out doing upper adjustable control arms. you can do a control arm drop bracket kit and put some shims in on the top control arms to adjust your pinion angle then you can go 4.5"/ 5" inches. but then you might have drive line problems.

I did upper and lower adjustable control arms. the lower ones they pushed my axel foward 1 3/4 of a inch, Adjusted my pinion angle and i'm running 5" inches with 33" But I had to do my drive lines and yoke..

i got a 3 1/2 inch lift in my other cherokee without having to do anything to the front except for the sway bar was removed, which i can make the sway bar links longer eventually. but i figured that 4 inches might be pushing it with out doin anything else

?? I ran my 94 at around 5" for years on RE SF arms. But they werent any longer than the stockers. If they were, it wasnt much.

Ran the RE HD track bar and bracket...but thats about it. The ride blew...but it was tolerable and wheeled plenty good for me.

Thing handled better than the 01 that I just picked up which is stock. Tracked straight, NEVER even a hint of death wobble or bump steer.

I probably would have went to long arms if I was keeping the jeep... just thought ide toss my .02 on the stock arm length thing.

J.

Back