• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

chevy 14 bolt?

bmyohn

NAXJA Forum User
is this a 14 bolt thats any good?

. the guy at the junkyard said he didnt know what year it was or what model. He thinks its an early 80s one. On the inside it said scottsdale on the dash. it had the bed with the "cabinets on the outside" (not sure if that helped)
IMG_4937-1.jpg

some pics to verify its a 14 bolt...is it a good 14 bolt?
IMG_4935-1.jpg

IMG_4936-1.jpg

:lecture:

-Brendan

There isn't much difference in the 10.5" 14 bolt rear axles. Hubs and 2 axle widths. The newest housings are stronger but we don't need the added strength. They are strong ditch diggers. Give them a shave and you are good to go.

It's a 14 bolt, how much more is there to say???

TNT said:
There isn't much difference in the 10.5" 14 bolt rear axles. Hubs and 2 axle widths. The newest housings are stronger but we don't need the added strength. They are strong ditch diggers. Give them a shave and you are good to go.

It's a 14 bolt, how much more is there to say???

i was just kinda wondering if it would be worth pulling it. i mean i have an 8.8" right now, and i think thats all i need for 35s, so it would be more to sell it afterwards.

how much does one go for?

hundered bucks, 2 ,3 hundred. depends if you live near a chevy graveyard
if your doing it to sell, i would waste the time.

well i can get it for 30 bucks, so if i sell it for 100 bucks ill take the 70 bucks and put it towards a tank of gas. i may go pull it and see how much i can get for it

A fully dressed 14bolt weighs something like 480lbs so pulling one is kind of a pain. I've also seen people take them to the scrap yard because they couldn't get anyone to buy them.

Back