• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2007 HP DANA 44 in an XJ?

PAUL B

NAXJA Forum User
OK boys and girls, what changed with the 07 dana 44 so it wont fit. I was under the imprecion that the short cummings were fixed. I havent loocked at one yet, not many rubys new orleans. I need to replace my old 30, and a 44 would be a nice. I did search but didn't find any thing. So what changed. Thanks

I seem to recall that its not a true Dana 44, its like a Dana 47 or something like that. It was just called a 44 so people would not be confused.

Aside from the entire suspension changing, different width, and completely different axle altogether, its the exact same as a TJ 55.

Starboard M said:
I seem to recall that its not a true Dana 44, its like a Dana 47 or something like that. It was just called a 44 so people would not be confused.

Aside from the entire suspension changing, different width, and completely different axle altogether, its the exact same as a TJ 55.

hmmm...really? I thought that it was a true HP D44.
But X2 on suspension. Apparently the coil buckets/brackets don't line up, axle is also about 5" wider in overall track width, and the bolt pattern is different (5x5). I just started a thread on these axles today...
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=939493

does seem like a good swap candidate depending on what you're trying to get out of it. I would like to hear more from others and any potential negatives.

why are there two concurrent threads on this subject....?

Back