• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

which would be better?

woodbutcher

NAXJA Forum User
I have come across an XJ that was next to a house when the house caught fire and some of the under hood is burned ,
Now I have a 91 2dr 2WD would I be better of putting all the running gear in it or fixing teh under hood wirng and mess in the 92?
it is a 4drwd auto ,231 with 3" lift ?

What is the lesser of the two ?
Sean

dont have any pics but the burned one is only burned under the hood but it mainly got the passnger side and close to the firewall where is the cpu for the tranny ?
the brakes look ok all the axle stuff is good but the header panel is gone light and the hood is warped a little burnt the flares, but the inside is really clean and so is the rest of the Jeep .

But my 91 is pretty ugly ( which doesnt matter cause I am going to cut the top off of it if I use it )
but the engine runs good but it is an AX-15 and the burned one is an AW-4.
Sean

Sounds to me like I'd put my effort into the burnt jeep. Switching over can be quite an undertaking, and it seems that tracing a few wires and replacing a computer on the already set-up one may be a better deal.

Back