• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

35x12.50 tire on a 15x7

IllianaXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Hate to ask a stupid noob question, but can I get away with mounting a 12.5" wide tire on a stock 15x7 rim? I'm sure it can be done, but how well will it work? I don't really want to spring for new rims right now, but I can't find a 35x10.50.

It's gunna rub...bad... but I guess that wasn't your question. I've seen a 35x12.50 on a 15x7 rim before - it looked like a balloon.

Wow 3 posts while I was typing!

Like the one guy said the skinner the rim the better it holds a bead aired down if you crawl. I have 15x8s with 35"x12.5 and no probs and they hold the bead well too. I air down to about 8 lbs.

I'm already running 34x10.50s (for sale btw) on the stock size rims, but I wasn't sure a 2" wider tire would still work.

IllianaXJ said:
I'm already running 34x10.50s (for sale btw) on the stock size rims, but I wasn't sure a 2" wider tire would still work.

LTBs ? Those are awesome tires , but they ride like rocks. Mine is a daily driver so I went with a taller radial. Did you know LTBs are coming out in 35x12.5 soon if the LTB is what you have ? 40" too I think. I think if you check the Swamper one of them have a 35"10.5x15. I'll see if I can find it. It is one of their more expensive tire though SSR of something. I'll get back later.

Last edited:
I got very lucky. I work @ America's Tire Co. I went out back one day and saw a set of 34x12.50x15 TRXUS MT. They still had good tread on them and they were about to toss them. So naturally i grabbed them.
:clap:
I also picked up a 295/75/16 BFG AT for a spare. Now i just need a 16" wheel but im sure one of those will come along eventually.

36x14.50x15 tsl radials on 15x7
spare3.jpg

rear.jpg

boise49ers said:
I just looked them up. About $220 a piece for that flavor.

Where did you find the price for LTB's at. Interco didnt have prices yet. I am prettty strongly considering them for my next set since the new sizes are being released.

unless you have a tire mounting machine, all places round here wont mount a tire that is supposed to be on a minimum 8.5" rim on an 8" let alone a 7", has something to do with liability insurance and the like. though the ssr 35x10.5 would work if you havent bought yer shoes yet.

Last edited:
IllianaXJ said:
Hate to ask a stupid noob question, but can I get away with mounting a 12.5" wide tire on a stock 15x7 rim? I'm sure it can be done, but how well will it work? I don't really want to spring for new rims right now, but I can't find a 35x10.50.

I have 4 brand new rock crawler rims the are 15 in my 10 or 12 selling cheap

Wow, I kind of forgot about this thread. $220 per tire for SSRs is pretty spendy. I am either gonna go with the BFG MT or TSL Radial in 33x10.50x15. I have the TeraFlex hi-steer knuckle, and they recommend a 3.5" BS minimum for a 12.50" tire. My current wheel/spacer combo puts me at 3.75" and I don't want to have to spring for new rims.

The BFGs run $154 on sale (normally $179) at Tire Rack, and the TSLs are $163 at 4WP. Anyone have experience with the TSL radials in reference to their road manners?

IllianaXJ said:
Wow, I kind of forgot about this thread. $220 per tire for SSRs is pretty spendy. I am either gonna go with the BFG MT or TSL Radial in 33x10.50x15. I have the TeraFlex hi-steer knuckle, and they recommend a 3.5" BS minimum for a 12.50" tire. My current wheel/spacer combo puts me at 3.75" and I don't want to have to spring for new rims.

The BFGs run $154 on sale (normally $179) at Tire Rack, and the TSLs are $163 at 4WP. Anyone have experience with the TSL radials in reference to their road manners?

I have 33x12.5x15 TSL Radial. I got them used with about 75% tread left on them. They have a nice hum above 30 mph, but I have no vibes from them. Anyhing else you want to know, just pm me.

Back