• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OME Steering Stabilizer HELP!!!

GP MEHRD

NAXJA Forum User
I purchased this from Jeepinoutfitters.com and it came with 2 lock washers, one washer, 2 different size nuts, a spacer, and an odd looking bolt that goes through one of the ends. Shouldn't it have two of those or do they expect me to use the one off of the OEM stabilizer? If so, how do I remove it from the original.

Thanks guys. also. I won't be wheeling until it's replaced, how important is this to my handling on the road?

I recently got the OME steering stabilizer from quadratec. I used the stock nut and bolt on the axle side (iirc, I did this because the bolt was kind of stuck in the bracket so I figured why replace it) and I used the new nut (the odd looking one), bolt, and washer on the drag link side.

I would not drive around too much (if at all) with out the stabilizer but it probably wouldn't kill you.

Hope that helps.
Chris

The Steering Stabilizer should make little difference in you handling - If it does, you've got bigger problems that need fixin'. . .

2000xjclassic said:
I would not drive around too much (if at all) with out the stabilizer but it probably wouldn't kill you.

I've been driving mine for about a year now with no stabilizer. Maybe I should address that... hmmm:rolleyes:

3XJFamily said:
The Steering Stabilizer should make little difference in you handling - If it does, you've got bigger problems that need fixin'. . .

good point!

ok. new question. Got it installed. but... it seems to be backwards from all of the pictures that i found

OOPS

will this age it faster or make it not work as well as it should?

lowrange2 said:
I've been driving mine for about a year now with no stabilizer. Maybe I should address that... hmmm:rolleyes:

If you have been driving for a year without one that means your stuff is good and tight. They say if everything is good on the truck it should handle well without it. Some people think that installing a new damper is the cure for dw, etc. its not the cure, its a band aid. Yo chit b koo.

Back