• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

LCA mount removal pic's

mojojojo

NAXJA Forum User
finally got mine chopped off today, (the LCA mounts that is) for the TnT LA upgrade.

just wanting to see some finished products from others. Wanna see what you left behind, how far did you grind etc...

:shocked: got pic's ? post em' up please.

Thanks, Rod (mojo)

I will post pictures up tomorrow, but I took them all the way off.

A pickle fork is surprisingly useful for breaking the welds or rivets or whatever hold them on.

mojojojo said:
finally got mine chopped off today, (the LCA mounts that is) for the TnT LA upgrade.

just wanting to see some finished products from others. Wanna see what you left behind, how far did you grind etc...

:shocked: got pic's ? post em' up please.

Thanks, Rod (mojo)
How much of a pain was it with a grinder (I assume you used a grinder)? I plan to be doing this within the next few months to one of my rigs too. I intend to grind them absolutely flush with the frame.

Its not bad,watch out for the fuel lines on the drivers side.Just take your time and plan on the worst case scenario(fire extinguisher).

000_0103.jpg

90PioSport99 said:
How much of a pain was it with a grinder (I assume you used a grinder)? I plan to be doing this within the next few months to one of my rigs too. I intend to grind them absolutely flush with the frame.

i used a die-grinder with a cut off wheel and a shitty air compressor.....:bawl: took me approx 6-7 hours to cut the damn things off. grinding down the left overs is much easier. i almost wish i would have used my grinder to try and cut them off. i'm shootin for flush also, but USE CAUTION !!! there are alot of pinch welds. u don't want holes in the frame!!!!

Edit: disregard this message. I wrote what I did, but re-read the original post and saw that he wanted just pics, but I don't have any at the moment.

Back