• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sliders with leaf pocket questions

97XJ2

NAXJA Forum User
Steer me in the right direction for what to search if need be, but does anyone have pics of their rock rails that tie in with the front pockets on the rear spring, and i believe someone makes them this way too, just doesnt come to mind, designing my own and just looking to encompass all the best points out there.

thanks for the link Cobra, and yes some specific pics on how you did it would be great!

Ok, so did you actually then replace your spring pocket with this and weld it to the rail and cut the old pocket off? and thanks for the pics, shows me how tied them to the sliders

Last edited:
I installed my AJ's super sliders last month. They tied into the rear leaf bracket with a grade-8 bolt. You can drill the hole any size you want and go with a larger bolt if you want, or even weld those babies on, but I fail to see why you would want to go that extreme.

I think I'd rather shear a moderately sized grade-8 bolt than hose my leaf bracket in the event of a monsterous collision with boulder at high speed. I don't think I drive that fast on the trail for it to be an issue. Do you?

Your right I dont drive that hard but, I am designing and fabbing my own thanks to my engineering skills and my friends certified welding skills(that and he'll only charge me for the steel). Just looking to incorporate the best of everything and have a very well built jeep. So you would drill a hole through the frame and leaf pocket (sleeve it too im sure)? and then have a mounting plate there on your sliders

Back