• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

crash advice

00xj

NAXJA Forum User
Hi,
my daughter in-law just crunched my son's XJ. (my old one, I'm a ford man now) The post that holds the left side of the windshield is pretty bent, windshield is toast, drivers door wont open. I think the roof above the door and the top of that pillar pushed in 3/4th inch. My question is how will they straighten that pillar? Won't they have to cut that out? That's has to be expensive. I would think that would be hard to do since the new windshield cant bend.

just wondering, body shop gets it soon, after I take off the trashed brush guard and put in a new tail light and side mirror.

thanks

Hard to tell without looking at it but I would say if the A pillar is bent, they will just cut it off and weld in a new one. The roof, they can probably bend it back to shape and the door would be replaced.
Chances are if the Jeep is covered by full coverage or if it will be covered by someone elses insurance, it will be totaled anyway and you wont have to worry about how they plan to repair it.

Back