• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fuel Pressure Regulator?

TLowery04

NAXJA Forum User
fuel pressure regulator and pump need replaced...

can anyone gimme a link to a write-up or schematic?

I dont have a pressure gauge at home,

and theres no search results for fuel pressure regulator

-Trent

The pressure regulator is on the front end of the fuel rail, it has a vacuum line connected to it.

8abhdtd.png

Here is procedure for testing it, fuel pressure testers and/or freon 12 testers aren't that expensive. I've only seen one regulator go bad in 20 years, I#ve seen the vacuum line crack or break on occasion.

73losqf.png

No fuel is likely something else, electrical or sensor related. Low fuel flow can be as simple as the filter.
Fuel pumps occasionally go bad, they often get noisy before they fail.

problem is too much fuel.

pumping out 50 psi when tested, told needed to be at about 30-35 isnt that right?

the check valve on my pump is bad too if that helps

Insure the return line is not restricted. This will cause excess fuel pressure that the regulator cannot control.

8Mud said:
73losqf.png

No fuel is likely something else, electrical or sensor related. Low fuel flow can be as simple as the filter.
Fuel pumps occasionally go bad, they often get noisy before they fail.

sorry to bring this back from the dead, but I was just searching and found this. "Fuel system pressure is the amount of fuel pressure with vaccume assistance required to open the fuel return valve, against spring pressure." So if the regualtor spring is worn, broken or stuck open then overall pressure of the system would drop. I've been trying to locate the cause of my low f.p. preoblems for some time now. Pressure is there its just not higher than 20-25 psi. I really need to get this resloved so any clarification would be awsome.

resolved my issue, it ended up being a brken hose inside the tank itself. gave me low pressure (constant 20psi) and stuttering on acceleration, i was convinced it must be the regulator.

Back