• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Track Bar Question

Bouchie836

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys I am looking into going bigger with my XJ. I currently have a three inch lift and I want to go to 4.5" Do I need an adjustable track bar or can I hack and tap it to make it work? I.E track bar bracket or re drill the hole. Thanks!

Andrew

Bouchie836 said:
Thats what I thought to but Rough Country has a 4.5" lift without a track bar.
i believe they use a relocation bracket.

why would you want to use a stock trackbar on a lifted xj with bigger tires.

again, i think the track bar is the most overlooked suspension part when going to 3" or 4.5"

Rough Country has one for $99.99 and Rusty's I think is around the same price. It also has to be shipped to Canada so add another $30.00. I am just looking for an alternative until I can afford to buy a new one.

I put a JKS bar on when I was running ZJ coils and short BP's. Now on 3" I really think it helps alot, and is alot nicer unit than the stock one. $200 from Kevin's Offroad. Wish I had sprung for the upgraded double-shear mounted one, but didn't have the extra coin when I needed to replace mine.

Ya, you get what you pay for. If you do order from Rustys I have one peice of advise. Give him your messurement from axle end to frame end. If you let him talk you into buying a TB bassed off of lift height you will most likely get a TB too short or long. As all XJ's and lifts are diffrent.

I have a 4.5 inch lift with no problems at all. Didnt change athing no t-case drop, sye, any steering, just springs shocks and brake line. I guess its a matter of luck.

sixditchoffroad said:
I have a 4.5 inch lift with no problems at all. Didnt change athing no t-case drop, sye, any steering, just springs shocks and brake line. I guess its a matter of luck.

impossible. without an adjustable track bar. at 4.5", your front axle is pulled at least an inch toward the drivers side.

What are the inputs on the relocation bracket? The weird thing is that I pulled into the driveway at my work today and I noticed ALOT of mud was being shot all over the passenger side of my Jeep. I just put my 33's on yesterday and they hang out about four inches which I am not complaining because it looks wicked. This just attracted my attention that it had a ton of mud on one side and the side barely anything. So my front axle it out about 3/4 of an inch henz why I am looking into a new track bar.

89xj said:
impossible. without an adjustable track bar. at 4.5", your front axle is pulled at least an inch toward the drivers side.

X2

A relocation bracket for the bottom side (axle end) is a waste of time and money. They cost about $35, just put that toward an ajustable TB and save the troble. The reason why its a waste of time and money is becuase the bracket may ajust for one of the following 1" , 3/4", 1/2" ect. So in other words if you need to ajust you axle 3/4" and the bracket is for 1/2" you are still 1/4" away from center. That is not the end of the world but why not just do it right the first time.

Last edited:
Just FYI the higher your lift is the further the axle is moved in the direction of the drivers side. That is why an ajustable TB works. It alows you to ajust the length (IE) make up for "pull" to the drivers side. Center the axle. You may already know this, just though i would mention it
:geek:

Back