• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Motor mount install!

94XJ2door5speed

NAXJA Forum User
So i bought some M.O.R.E. bombproof mounts i desperatley so i said why not i'll never have to replace them again. So i have never brought a vehicle to a shop! never never never! Well now i have to, in a dorm room with no tools or even garage to install them sucks. So i went to the closest and cheapest shop since i will have to walk home and they want $190 bucks to install them is this about right? no idea if i'm being hosed or not cause i do everything myself, hence why i am at Wyotech to begin with. So is that a decent price or not?

couple of 2x4's, bottle jack(in your jeep), and the 1 wrench and 2 sockets you need.

If labour is $70 an hour, that's practically two and a half hour-three hours to install them. Which is overboard. Hell even two hours is overboard for an experienced shop. Do it yourself if you can at all possible. On the side of the road even, haha.

You can't get shop time at school to do it? Or see if the class ahead of yours can do it- they used to take in customer cars when my friend went through auto school- I had him do a few things to my cars back then.

So the shop time is a no for the next 6 months, need them now with the 5 speed. To the reply about doing it in the driveway, what if i snap a bolt or spin one in the subframe then what? only asked cause back in CT before i got here needed heat and PB blaster on everything only know cause i snapped a crossmember bolt and swaybar mount bolt, now both tapped to 1/2" threads.

Well, if you break it, put it back together and baby it to the shop! If not, you'll be golden.

I doubt you'll break any of the motor mount stuff....mine didn't and everything else needed heat. Motor mounts didn't.

You'll be fine. I replace the ones on my 95 last year and didn't even spray the bolts. When I did my lift everything else needed heat or spray. MM no problem. 4.0 leak enough oil to penetrate everything anyway!

Back