• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

advice

userbmx1315

NAXJA Forum User
ok i'm lookin at lifting my jeep. i have a bastard pack ready to go in, just dont want to sit uneven. i was lookin at a 4.5 RC lift off jcwhitney since its only 450 and the parts i dont need sell. or should i try and buy used stuff? so far i found a track bar $75. adj uppers and fixed lowers $160 shipped. but still need swaybar discos, transfer case drop, brake line ext., shackles, ect. ect. what would be my best bet?

How much lift are you expecting to get out of your bastard pack?

is the trackbar adjustable?

If you are considering the 4.5 RC lift, buy it direct from RC...call and ask for Jason....the JC Whitney kit is a less complete kit that comes with fixed lower arms only...(dont ask me how I found that out:anon: ) the RC kit from the factory has adjustable arms that are very flexy...dont forget to tell him you are from NAXJA. And go with the shock upgrade.

Last edited:
whoooops, looked at the kit again from JC didnt come with shocks, thats shafty, tryin to save some money, tax time is oming around and i need to pay off the jeep. i told the guy i wouldnt do anthing to it until it was pai off, but it doesnt have a warrenty so why would i drive it stock?lol,

userbmx1315 said:
any other advice to buying used stuff or just buy a lift kit[/quote

I would look at the RC site.. I have the 6.5 lift from RC.. So check them out... Also if you do a search here for Rough country, there is a good write up.. You will see how they take care of you... They back their product.....I hear they have a great 4.5 lift now..

NO.......... Buy a full KIT with leaf springs..... Go to the site, then check out here the rc writeup... One thing i have learned on here is always buy the full lift kit.... Spring pack

the lift is like 650 or so with full springs. i'd love to have the money to get it, but i'm on a budget thats why i was asking if i should get parts from ppl or get a cheap kit to build up on

did u look for anything used in the classifieds here on naxja

try and find a complete front kit and then make a PAIR of NEW bastard packs

that way they will be even

then all you would need is the springs and the leaves

but a suggestion:

are you ever gonna want to go bigger?

if you are then you should really make sure that the control arms and track bar that you purchase are adjustable.

you will also most likely have driveline issues without having a sye

this alone can be a $200+ upgrade

If i was in your situation i would buy this with the adjustable control arms with the intentions of going with a larger full leaf pack within a year
http://www.redrock4x4.com/shop/products/235.html

Trust me once you start you wont stop!!!

i've already got a 3" a-a-l. i've got a bastard pack built. want to go higher, the trac bar i am lookin at buying is adj., the upper arms are adj but the lowers isnt. i know i'd need a sye, i was lookin into that after the lift, dont travel far so vibrations i can handle until i get the hack n tap got a from driveshaft off my old jeep,

cool

then it sounds like your are pretty well set with a plan

If you want to save money you could also add some longer shackles and coil spacers until springs are in the budget

dont forget shocks!!!!

Back