• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1 1/4 Pintle Hitch

Good Job. Nice trailer, was this one equipped with brakes?

I would cross the chains though so if the ball shears the tongue is supported by the chains and doesn't auger into the pavement.

Boatwrench said:
Good Job. Nice trailer, was this one equipped with brakes?

I would cross the chains though so if the ball shears the tongue is supported by the chains and doesn't auger into the pavement.

Good catch! Cross your chains!

Looks good! Where did you get the solid stock that plugs into the hitch? That would make a good starting point for a receiver shackle.

Just out of curiosity... Why 1 1/4? and not 2"? just what you had? Looks good though. I like your trailer! :thumbup:

the solid 1 1/4 is an old stinger that we cutt off cuz we didnt have any square stock that size

bought the jeep with the hitch and will do 2 inch when i build a rear swing away but i'll build it so i can still retain the 1 1/4, that way i can use my 1 1/4 shackle for safety chains.

and the shackle i have is not solid its 1/8" square tubing and has pulled and many many jeeps and toyotas and atleast two fullsize fords. without bending.

and this trailer does have the brakes on the tongue and shocks and rides really smooth.

great trailer! really light.

didnt kow thats the reason they crossed safety chains. will do!

7 arasol cans near your welding bench??? You did such I nice job I had to bust your balls for somthing! As far as chains go they are to protect oncoming traffic not you. I have herd of cutting deep groves in a couple of links so they will break and release and not take out you and your tow rig. They cut them so they will hold just enough on a minor release but will break if you are heading into a ditch or somthing violent. I don't know...

bought the jeep with the hitch and will do 2 inch when i build a rear swing away but i'll build it so i can still retain the 1 1/4, that way i can use my 1 1/4 shackle for safety chains.

gotcha

Back