• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

stupid turdy

timk578

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so i have a problem ....i broke some teeth off my ring gear but still needed to drive it for a couple of days....so i removed the broken ring gear off the carrier cleaned out all the chunks and reinstalled...now i have my new ring gear and pinion...i wish that i would have used my shitty ring gear to to hold the pinion from moving when i try to break the pinion nut...ive tried the whole air ratchet with the a floor jack under the yoke last time and it took forever does anyone have a easier way to remove the nut .????? if not i will just go back to the way i did it before with the air ratchet...i know when i installed we couldnt get the cruch sleeve to crush with a 3/4 air ratchet...we had to use a pipe wrench and a huge breaker bar....help i know there has to be an easier way

timk578 said:
a pipe wrench and a huge breaker bar.
That's what I was going to say. Another option is to take a piece of plate big enough to fit over the whole yoke. Drill a hole in it big enough for the pinion nut socket and for the bolts. Make an arm on it that you can put a piece of pipe over and bolt it on. Use that to hold the yoke while you crank on it with a bigazz breaker bar and socket. The pipe wrench is easier but will mar up the yoke.

Back