• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

post pics of plow frame mounts

Not many use an XJ to plow, better to have a truck, the XJ has a uni-body not good for heavy duty plowing. I notice you are from B-town, me to.

I've always wondered how my detours backbone would work for a plow mount, using the d ring holes as the hinge point and winch to raise lower the blade

bcmaxx said:
I've always wondered how my detours backbone would work for a plow mount, using the d ring holes as the hinge point and winch to raise lower the blade

:puke:
that works fine for a quad, but you want to have the a-frame mounts close to the ground so the blade is at a good angle for pushing snow. and hydraulics are much faster than a winch, and drop the blade much quicker, which allows the blade to drop and knock snow off. also, without hudraulics, you can't pivot the blade side to side from in the cab.

that site is kinda like the site with pics of girls eating sandwiches:puke:

tstripe said:
Lots of talking and pics of wranglers and cjs but NO pics of the frame mount set-up on an xj in the old plowsite post.
yeah I searched for a while, because I was kinda interested how they mount up but could find no pics of Cherokee mounts.

Back