• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I love an oraganized garage

paulhead

I overtighten $#!t
NAXJA Member
Wife got me a big shelf thing form OSH so in puuting it together I got down and organized/clean up my garage.
BEFORE:
stuff001.jpg

AFTER:
stuff004.jpg

stuff003.jpg

Of course not seen is all the dead bug carcases to include dead and alive black widows I came across.

Next is to attack this corner..............
stuff.jpg

Last edited:
WOW! How long did that take? Looks great! I bet you can't find a thing... LOL

I want to redo my garage this summer - new shelves, more lighting and outlets, floor coating, and maybe even move my entry door over about 4 or 5 feet in order to add a fridge and build my workbench... time and money is all I ever need....

rpraterxj said:
I bet you can't find a thing.........

Well of course I was finding stuff I had forgot about but to validate your statement; yes, there is a level of organization to a disorganized garage :gee: .Hopefully I'll get used to the renewed unmess.

BruceB83 said:
Nice....but why does it look like your garage is only 4 foot deep?
Previous owner turned it into a room :rattle: leaving 4-5ft where the door is, barely enough room to put all my tools. Considering we have a small house and my wife is a pak-rat its convenient for storage. But if it was a full garage it be saaweeet and I'd be broke from buying tools to fill it..........(press, tube bender, giant compressor, the list could go on.........)

LMAO ouch. I just did a similar thing to my backyard. I got an EZ-UP for back there to protect stuff in the rain/sun, and completely re-worked my job area. I don't have the luxury of a garage yet, so the sideyard is my friend! I am so happy back there now! Sometimes if I find I really have no projects that are pressing, I just go back there and stand, to be surrounded with my tool type junk :).

Ahhhh.....garage reorganization!
I remember my first 'garage'...it was a 8'X8' basement in my first house after I got married. Good thing I was racing motocross back then and didn't have any need for a much larger area, but now.......

For those of you who do NOT know, I have a 1500sf garage with a lift in the middle bay, along with all those goodies we all have lusted for (well, things that we would want in our garage!)

I have taken this week off to reorganize my garage too, after spending three days working in it I realized it doesn't look any better, just neater. And it feels great to open up one of the doors and look inside!

Rick

Jump This said:
For those of you who do NOT know, I have a 1500sf garage with a lift in the middle bay, along with all those goodies we all have lusted for (well, things that we would want in our garage!)

I have taken this week off to reorganize my garage too, after spending three days working in it I realized it doesn't look any better, just neater. And it feels great to open up one of the doors and look inside!

Rick

YEAH, YEAH, YEAH.. rub it in Rick....

Though it only takes the next project to mess it all up again...

Jump This said:
Ahhhh.....garage reorganization!
For those of you who do NOT know, I have a 1500sf garage with a lift in the middle bay, along with all those goodies we all have lusted for (well, things that we would want in our garage!) Rick

Now I'm getting jealous..............(hey wife, you don't need all that room...................)

CaliGold said:
Though it only takes the next project to mess it all up again...

Thats for damn sure, Troy is coming over in a few weeks and we will be tearing into his rig, I can only imagine what the place will look like when we finish his project!

:D

Jump This said:
..And it feels great to open up one of the doors and look inside!

And behind the other two doors is where you hid all the junk? ;)

cal said:
And behind the other two doors is where you hid all the junk? ;)

What do we have behind door #1?

My 'Jump This' dune buggie. All freshly washed and waxed!
(I blew an oil line during the New Years trip to the dunes!)

Behind door #2!

This is the lift bay, right now I have the red Jeep sitting in there. Just trying to decide what I'm going to do with it...

Behind door #3?

This is the buisness warehouse. It took the most time to organize and clean up. Too many inventoried roll ends and tile. I'm thinking its time to divest myself of some of these materials. Maybe a thread in the for sale forum?

Rick

We just got a new insulated garage door, I just hope I remember not to pull in once I get the roof rack on! 99% of the time the wifes ZJ is in there...

As someone said already, the hard part about cleaning it up is KEEPING it clean. I cleaned our last summer and its a wreck now.

Cool. I started organizing my garage a couple of weeks ago. It's a BIG project - new shelves and all that stuff.

I like that work bench. I've been look for a new one..

E

EliasJ123 said:
I like that work bench. I've been look for a new one..

E
That was a fathers day gift from last year, OSH too. $100 for the work bench, $89 for the shelves

Back