• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New guy here!!

crazyjim

NAXJA Forum User
Hey I figured I'd post up and say hi to everybody in my region. :wave1:

I'm a proud new owner of an XJ! I've always wanted one, and figured now was as good of a time as any. My dad owns a relatively capable TJ and posts over on jeepforums. Time for me to join in on the fun :D

She's stock for now so not much to look at, but I hope you'll all enjoy seeing the transformation over time :D And put up with my questions. I've been lurking for about a week intaking as much information as possible :thumbup:

l_66c071cd97927b4ee2162307272b76f0.jpg

Welcome to the never-ending fun!

This is a great group of folks that enjoy wheeling, wrenching, and having fun. Lot's of picking on each other as well....

Keep an eye for meet and greets, working parties, and trail runs...

cal said:
Oh look how cute! Its just like the real thing, but tiny.

Welcome to Naxja.

See what I mean about the joking around.... :cheers:

Welcome to the best Cherokee group in the world, hands down. I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay and find this site to be the most useful site out there for your Jeep.

The "search" feature on here is absolutely priceless, there is so much information there it'll blow your mind!!!

Have fun man!! Oh, and I also dig the color of your rig, that's classy lookin'!

Hahaha thanks for the warm welcome, and I know I know... it's stock for now :( It's sad. I pass other jeeps on the road, and I want them to look at me, but they just scoff at me as if I'm a soccer mom :lol:

And as far as the joking, I can take it, I can dish it too though ;) I'm also looking forward to install parties and jeep meets :D I used to do the same from the camaro board I was one. I've met some of my best friends through that board.

xjohnnyc said:
That's what SHE said.

Haha, I would hope not.

Welcome to the board. Feel free to ask questions. Everyone is really nice and willing to help you out.

Welcome...... keep your eyes open on the forsale forums, some great deals on lifts etc there. Before you know it, with a little time, money & chopping, your rig could look like this.

IMG_2502.jpg

(Thanks for the extreme example Ron.)

:D

crazyjim said:
Hey I figured I'd post up and say hi to everybody in my region. :wave1:

I'm a proud new owner of an XJ! I've always wanted one, and figured now was as good of a time as any. My dad owns a relatively capable TJ and posts over on jeepforums. Time for me to join in on the fun :D

She's stock for now so not much to look at, but I hope you'll all enjoy seeing the transformation over time :D And put up with my questions. I've been lurking for about a week intaking as much information as possible :thumbup:

If your going to hang out here you better start saving some cash for that thing!

Seriously, keep an eye on the So Cal boards, get out to some trail runs. You will get to meet a bunch of these guys and have a blast with your XJ. Plus you will learn first hand what you need for the wheeling you want to do.

Hahahaha yea, not quite sure I want to chop the hell outta my new ride quite yet. Maybe when I take out enough quarter panels and doors. But that won't be for quite some time :D

I honestly just want to go out and have some fun, don't need to get all crazy lol. I just don't want to have a disco truck, where it's just for looks ;)

However, I DO have a few questions. Since you guys so kindly offered :D

A.) The side molding, should I take it off? Or should I just paint it, I'm not sure what it would look like underneath. That's just an opinion type question.

B.) I've heard yes, and I've heard no on putting an LSD or locker in the Dana 30. The plan is 4.5" with 31's... will a locker completely kill me? Also are all 8.8's the same? Buddy of mine wrecked an early 90's ranger with a 4.0L in it from the factory. Still has the rear.

C.) Stereo: I can't for the life of me decide on a head unit install kit... they all look like junk on ebay, anybody with some experience with them?

D.) What are some problem areas I need to watch for on the XJ?

Last edited:
Yes lock the dana 30. If you go 33's or bigger look at aftermarket shafts.

Feb 15/16/17 there is a big event for SoCalXJ @ Truckhaven. Come out for the event, check out all the rigs. People will be happy to let you crawl under them, ask questions, and in a lot of cases (mine included) take them for a drive and see what you do and don't like.

There's no better way to figure out what you need than to try it first and build to suit.

Back