• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Moab Easter Jeep Safari.......Anyone??

mattyj

NAXJA Forum User
So i thought id post a link to the event form, for Easter jeep safari in Moab. March 15 to 23rd.

Now is the time to sign up to have an entry form mailed out to you.

http://www.centralpt.com/pageview.aspx?id=16382

I know there is also the Calico event March 14 - 16, but i plan on attending both. I have booked my accomodation in Moab from the 18th - 23rd.
I went last year and it was my first trip to Moab & the EJS. Even though there are alot of rigs there, its a very well run event. The trail runs were well organized & in town was pretty fun at night.

So just curious if anyone else is planning on going? Use it as a test run for Fall Fling later in the year.:D

TheWarWagon said:
Well, how about you go to Minneapolis for me, and I'll go to EJS? :yelclap:

Ummmmmmmmmmmm.......................... No!

:eeks1:

I with be there in the Currie booth and I'm hoping to have my jeep with me. It will be getting a paint job and a new winch bumper this month, Possibly even a 9" rear with a ARB before we leave......If I'm lucky :)
chrokeefenders004.jpg

I am hoping I can go (with or without my shop). I have never been to EJS, sounds like a good time even without a rig wheeling.

Chris.. I got to call you in the morning I think. You around?

I'll be there. Hopefully with my MJ (in Electric Lime Green)... but possibly with the XJ.

Planning on being in town from the 19th to the 25th or so.

SOmeday I'll go to EJS but I'm saving my PTO and money for the Fall Fling since it will be huge

scrappy again said:
I have never been to EJS, sounds like a good time even without a rig wheeling.

Definately good times in town..... lots of cool bars doing stuff and crazy ass rigs driving on the streets. The police must turn a blind eye to some of the junk driving around becuase there is no way some are street legal. It all just ads to the experience!!

So i just signed up for my 4 days of wheeling......... Poison spider/Golden Spike, Hells Revenge, Steel Bender & Pritchett Canyon.

Man, i cant wait to get back up there!

mattyj said:
So i just signed up for my 4 days of wheeling......... Poison spider/Golden Spike, Hells Revenge, Steel Bender & Pritchett Canyon.

Man, i cant wait to get back up there!
Go ahead and rub it in why don't ya. Ouch.:rattle:

Hey bud, you know there's plenty of room on the trails for your junk too....... Think of it as a warm up to Fall Fling. :D

mattyj said:
Hey bud, you know there's plenty of room on the trails for your junk too....... Think of it as a warm up to Fall Fling. :D
If I only had a time machine....:peace:

Here is a update: The jeep is at paint. The 9" with 4.11 gears detroit locker and explorer disc brakes are going in this weeked! The preruner style winch mount front bumper from Rustys gets to my shop on monday.

JEEPATPAINT1.jpg

NRT_Chris said:
It will be red again.

That's 2 strikes against you. Rusty's parts, and Rollover Red paint. You'll have to wheel that thing extra careful. :)

markw said:
That's 2 strikes against you. Rusty's parts, and Rollover Red paint. You'll have to wheel that thing extra careful. :)

I here you on the paint. This was my grand fathers jeep, he gave it to me and asked me to fix it up before he kicked the bucket. If it was a different color it wouldnt look like his jeep anymore.

Easy with the Rustys bashing. He is a friend of mine and is giving me the bumper, Besides the full Currie suspension and 9" should cancel any bad Rustys mojo.

So it looks like i'll be all set to leave mid afternoon tomorrow (thursday). I tell ya, its been a struggle trying to get everything squared away for this trip with the jeep... but its all done.

I'll post up some pics after some runs...

Hope you guys all have fun in Calico :)

Back