• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what wheel/tire combo for a 4.5" RC

thebluebuffalo

NAXJA Forum User
i've searched for sometime now and can't find the right answers, so i'm going to unload it here. i've got a 96 that i'm putting a rough county 4.5" lift under. i have the stock 15x7 steel wheels. i would like to run 33x12.5's on it. i know i need bigger wheels to accommodate such "big" tires. so here are my questions

is this tire to big for this lift?
what size tire should i run on this lift? i want the most flex possible.
what size wheel should i put inside the above menionted tire?
how much back spacing do i need on the wheel for a tire that size? i don't want it to rub.
do i need to cut my fenders? and how much?
should i put flares back on it? bushwacker cut-outs?
should i use wheel spacers?

thanks for all replys

Last edited:
here's mine at 4.5 with 33x12.50 bfg's on soft 8's 4inch backspacing

mine3.jpg

I'd say go with some 26" x 2.1" WTB Velociraptor M/T's. They would give you CRAZY flex room.

Dude...come on, seriously? Did you spell it right when you searched? I know for a fact this is on here a million times.

You open up a whole can of worms when you ask those questions....especially "is the tire too big for the lift". Everybody is going to have a different opinion depending on what they like and how far they are willing to push the limit.

I see you are a member already...cool...give the search thing another try and I (plus many many others) will chime back in.

Oh yeah, WELCOME! :wave:

I run a 32x11.5 on 15x7. I think it's 3.5"BS. Don't quote me on that. I have the RC 4.5" front springs, and a bastard pack rear. Trimmed off the front valence, and of course the flares to match. I do not rub at all... until I disco the sway bar. Once she's disco'd I will rub if I try to turn more than a little while stuffed. You could run 33's if you never disco, but you will probably rub a little at full lock. You can adjust the steering stops to minimize the rubbing. If you disco with 33's, you will probably have to go flareless or BW.

Edit: Found a pic of my heep before removing valence and installing new tires. These are 32x11.5
Picture057.jpg

Last edited:
If you go with the 4.5 lift dont go with 33's. 31 or 32 would be best. Sounds like you want to run with 33's so I would go with a 5.5 lift. That is what I gathered from NAXJA. I seen some 33x12.5 Toyo open Country tires today on a 2007 JK 4Door and it looked BAD A$$. Good Luck.

Back