• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

PORC SYE Issue

MaineJeepah

NAXJA Forum User
I did a search, and no one addresses this issue head on... If the answer comes back as I fear it will... I'm going to be pissed.

I just bought a PORC SYE Kit. I have an 89 MJ/ AX-15/231J.

I have the right kit. I know that I am supposed to cut the slide rod for the shifter. Here is the rub...

I have a Vacuum disconnect on the D30 front. I still use it that way. The kit is supposed to work "as advertised" with this setup, but I don't see how... If I cut the shaft down, and install everything as I read it, the poistion of the switch hole makes it so that the switch will only switch on when the TC is in 4Lo. What about 4HI? WTF am I missing here?

Don't give me any BS about switching from VacDisco. I didn;t buy this witht he intention of rebuilding everthing on the truck.

Waiting to hear back from PORC.

Thanks

Brad

It will work in 4HI and 4LO.

Yes, OK, I am stupid. STUPID!!!

For the record of anyone searching... the sliding rod only moves out when shifting between 2wd and 4wd.

Again... ME STUPID.

Thx

MaineJeepah said:
Yes, OK, I am stupid. STUPID!!!

For the record of anyone searching... the sliding rod only moves out when shifting between 2wd and 4wd.

Again... ME STUPID.

Thx

Just remember.................You can't fix STUPID!!!! :nono:

and let us know if porc returns your call/email. I have tried so many times to get ahold of them and so has my buddy. They remind me of rusty's......a building with robots building everything and no human presence.

muddeprived said:
and let us know if porc returns your call/email. I have tried so many times to get ahold of them and so has my buddy. They remind me of rusty's......a building with robots building everything and no human presence.

I'm still waiting to hear from them about a missing order.

Yes... they DID get back to me... The guy that knew the answer was "out" but where he got back in he did call me back. Took about 2 hrs.

I had no luck calling them via thier "online order" phone number, but the other number... I got through right away... 770-282-9820

Try that one, maybe you can get a human to fix your issue. When I first ordered this, there was an issue with my shipping and billing addresses matching. (I just moved, and billing is a PO Box)... It held up my order, but they did make an effort to call me and get the issue fixed... Dec 26th, too...

Good Luck!

MJ

I got mine in one week, to Cali. I ordered mine through the PORC e-bay store and they got back to me in one day after payment with a valid UPS trackng # and the kit showed up this morning!

Don't feel to bad about it MainJeepah, I'm doing one to my 90 and this is my first SYE on a disco system(I've done 3 on non disco's) and it stumped me as well! But so far the kit is going in well. I do not like PORC's directions so I'm using the one from my Advance Adapters kits.

I'll make this note as well; The retaining ring that holds the bearing into the speedo gear housing on the stock unit was a complete PITA! Even with the proper ring pliers it took about an hour and some extra hands to slip it out of the ring groove. The larger rings came out fine. I've never had any problems with the retaining rings in the other units I've done.

xjtrailrider said:
Don't feel to bad about it MainJeepah, I'm doing one to my 90 and this is my first SYE on a disco system(I've done 3 on non disco's) and it stumped me as well! But so far the kit is going in well. I do not like PORC's directions so I'm using the one from my Advance Adapters kits.

I'll make this note as well; The retaining ring that holds the bearing into the speedo gear housing on the stock unit was a complete PITA! Even with the proper ring pliers it took about an hour and some extra hands to slip it out of the ring groove. The larger rings came out fine. I've never had any problems with the retaining rings in the other units I've done.

Funny thing you say that. I was helping my buddy do his PORC sye install and it took us quite some time to get those rings off. Wish they had holes like most other retaining rings.

When I ordered my SYE from PORC I mentioned in the comments field of the order form how I had just missed the sale price by a few days. They reduced my charge and honored the sale price, which was super. They didn't have to do that. I also ordered some other stuff including 3 new u-joints for one of the shafts I was building up. When the box showed up it only had two u-joints in it. I called and left a message, then got a call back a short time later letting me know my message had been recived and another u-joint was on the way.

Top notch as far as I'm concerned.:yelclap:

Back