PDA

View Full Version : Big Bear Event Camping

Kejtar
January 9th, 2008, 07:05
You might want to start getting your reservations in. As it stands the event is May 2nd through 4th. We'll be stationed @ Serrano again and I've already made reservations for sites 67 through 70. Y'all might wanna start working on filling up the rest of that loop.

Reservation page (http://www.recreation.gov/campgroundSearchResult.do?topTabIndex=CampingSpot) . Search for Serrano.

Brendan_91XJ
January 9th, 2008, 08:23
You have the link for making reservations?

Kejtar
January 9th, 2008, 08:32
You have the link for making reservations?
if you click "Reservatio Page" that will take you to the reservation page :)

bburge
January 9th, 2008, 13:32
Booked 94 for Thursday 5/1 thru Sun 5/4!

Make sure you don't miss the trail repair on Friday!

bburge

ruggedjeep
January 9th, 2008, 13:46
Remi, hows that article coming? :D sidenote, ill be in a cabin.

djblade311
January 9th, 2008, 13:47
Booked 94 for Thursday 5/1 thru Sun 5/4!

Make sure you don't miss the trail repair on Friday!

bburge

You mean for Sunday? Sunday is in the lead for changing the work day.

ruggedjeep
January 9th, 2008, 13:48
You mean for Sunday? Sunday is in the lead for changing the work day.
x2

karstic
January 9th, 2008, 14:41
While we're waiting for the event forum to come up you might want to start getting your reservations in. As it stands the event is May 2nd through 4th.

So I guess Earth Day weekend lost out. Got spot 63 reserved.

4xSanta
January 9th, 2008, 15:36
Site 72.......SANTA

GrimmJeeper
January 9th, 2008, 15:54
me and the fam will be at #86 :D

whats this warning about no fires? not even in the fire rings? its gunna be a coooold weekend!:eek:

FishPOET
January 9th, 2008, 16:30
The reservation company is using old information. With all the snow they got over the weekend the fire level is back down to low and fires are allowed in campgrounds.

I booked #44

bburge
January 9th, 2008, 16:45
I booked #44

44?!?!?

Lost? Anti-social? That's like almost in another zip code!

bburge

GrimmJeeper
January 9th, 2008, 16:47
44?!?!?

Lost? Anti-social? That's like almost in another zip code!

bburge thats NON-XJ parking :D

FishPOET
January 9th, 2008, 16:55
After freezing my arse off last year in the NAXJA loop, I opted for a site with electricity. I will not be cold this year.

Dawg
January 9th, 2008, 17:00
Is there somthing weird about 71 ? Whats the min vech per site ?

lamula
January 9th, 2008, 17:33
I'm in #75 may1---may4 see ya

Brendan_91XJ
January 9th, 2008, 18:36
I'm in Site 88,

mattyj
January 9th, 2008, 20:27
As it stands the event is May 2nd through 4th. We'll be stationed @ Serrano again

Bummer!...... I cant make this one..... conflcting dates with the final round of Supercross in Las Vegas... Cant skip work that weekend!

hollywood32
January 10th, 2008, 10:55
Got 73/74 See ya all there

Mr. Pickle
January 10th, 2008, 13:39
Dang, this is when my wedding is. Maybe I can rush the ceremony and then cruise up there after cake.... hhmmmm.

JohnX
January 10th, 2008, 17:14
Dang, this is when my wedding is. Maybe I can rush the ceremony and then cruise up there after cake.... hhmmmm.
If you change your mind... you know where to hide out.

GrimmJeeper
January 10th, 2008, 17:52
the top of gold mountain is a beautiful place to get married! :D:D

rpraterxj
January 10th, 2008, 19:30

Come up for the BBQ & raffle, stay overnight in a jacuzzi room, then come on the trail clean-up on Sunday!

BTW, congrats!

rpraterxj
January 10th, 2008, 19:32
If you don't want to camp or prefer a cabin or room, give JJ a call at Big Bear Mtn Resort Rentals.

The web address is www.bigbear1.com.

The can get you a room, a small cabin, or a big cabin. JJ is a great gal to work with and has helped many of us with accomodations. I will call her tomorrow and see if there is some kind of code for the group to possibly get a discount.

xL8 APEKSx
January 12th, 2008, 13:09
I've got a cabin in Green Valley Lake, just down the road from the rock garden @ Holcomb Creek. Once I'm able to say I'm attending with 100% certainty (meaning I was able to get an 8.25 and gears), I will leave a post to see if anyone wants to stay at the cabin instead of camping. I would only have room for a couple people though; it's a tiny A-frame and my GF + her 2 kids may be coming, not sure yet. If they don't come, I can probably take ~5 ppl.

KRAKER
January 12th, 2008, 21:35
I'm not gonna freeze this year. I'll be in a hotel

GrimmJeeper
January 13th, 2008, 17:08
I'm not gonna freeze this year. I'll be in a hotel you mangina! your campsite was the happenin drunken place to be last year i was going to bring the turn tables and throw a full on rave in your campsite :D:D:D

johnnyc
January 13th, 2008, 18:58
I'll be renting a cabin. You young people get too drunk and obnoxious. :)

karstic
January 14th, 2008, 19:40
you mangina! your campsite was the happenin drunken place to be last year i was going to bring the turn tables and throw a full on rave in your campsite :D:D:D
You gonna burnin' the wheels of steel? :listenmus :woohoo: :music: :jester: party1: :party: I'll bring a generator!

jcnoble
January 14th, 2008, 20:30
Site #51............................................... ..........................

GrimmJeeper
January 14th, 2008, 23:49
You gonna burnin' the wheels of steel? :listenmus :woohoo: :music: :jester: party1: :party: I'll bring a generator! my jeep is set up to handle the tables and work as a PA system :D if i can find the cases for my decks i'll bring em

KRAKER
January 15th, 2008, 00:22
Mangina it is! I'm not sleeping in 19* weather again. That is how cold it was the first night right? and like 24* the next? Yeah fugg that!

rpraterxj
January 15th, 2008, 07:42
I'll be renting a cabin. You young people get too drunk and obnoxious. :)

X2... I need a warm bed and shower..... :rolleyes:

I am working with JJ to get more details on cabin/room discounts.

rpraterxj
January 15th, 2008, 07:44
my jeep is set up to handle the tables and work as a PA system :D if i can find the cases for my decks i'll bring em

You must keep forgetting about what campground we will be at. Hell, we can't turn car stereos up there.....

:twak:

Plus, all that extra weight will lower your Jeep to stock height.... LOL

karstic
January 15th, 2008, 11:02
You must keep forgetting about what campground we will be at. Hell, we can't turn car stereos up there.....

:twak:

Plus, all that extra weight will lower your Jeep to stock height.... LOL

Yeah but if we're gonna have the whole loop...:conceited

GrimmJeeper
January 15th, 2008, 19:09
You must keep forgetting about what campground we will be at. Hell, we can't turn car stereos up there..... my jeep isnt loud anymore, i took out 2 of the amps and one of the 15s.. its down to 1100w from 4000w :D

dont have a heart attack rob i was joking about music :D my jeep IS setup to be a mobil DJ booth though! :D

Gerr
January 19th, 2008, 13:32
my jeep isnt loud anymore, i took out 2 of the amps and one of the 15s.. its down to 1100w from 4000w :D

dont have a heart attack rob i was joking about music :D my jeep IS setup to be a mobil DJ booth though! :D
Wife says hotel or no go so we need a hotel room :)

JohnX
January 21st, 2008, 17:32

KRAKER
March 5th, 2008, 13:47
Anybody have JJ's number for a hotel room?

rpraterxj
March 5th, 2008, 14:35
Anybody have JJ's number for a hotel room?

888-306-9618.... That's their office number.

Ask for JJ. Let her know you are apart of the Jeep group with Robert and Mike.

markw
March 16th, 2008, 20:51
Man, the whole loop is filled up. Any other events going on that weekend? 76/77 is a double size and they want $104 for it. I only need a single. Anyone want to split the cost on a double?

Kejtar
March 16th, 2008, 20:52
Man, the whole loop is filled up. Any other events going on that weekend? 76/77 is a double size and they want $104 for it. I only need a single. Anyone want to split the cost on a double?
I have a feeling it's all us :D

scottmcneal
March 16th, 2008, 20:59
Is there a camp ground close? Never been up too big bear an camped

Scott :wave:

markw
March 16th, 2008, 21:00
Ok, I just reserved 132. Next loop over, if I remember right, it's maybe 50 yards away.

Yes, it's a campground. They have about a 50 foot driveway with a campsite.

scottmcneal
March 16th, 2008, 21:05
Thank you..... I'll have to go up an look around... I'm pushing like 60' or more...

Scott

KRAKER
March 16th, 2008, 22:22
You guys are going to freeze!

markw
March 17th, 2008, 18:47
It was 70-75 inside my RV... :)

markw
March 17th, 2008, 18:48
Thank you..... I'll have to go up an look around... I'm pushing like 60' or more...

Scott

I put my 25 foot long (bumper to bumper) RV and jeep in a slot with room to spare. I think most are 50 feet, give or take.

karstic
March 27th, 2008, 17:54
So who else has made reservations at the campground?

Gerr
March 27th, 2008, 19:20
I almost did a few weeks ago but now I dont think Ill be going so Im glad I didnt. Really guys it is a great event to go to even if you dont go for the wheeling big bear has plenty to check out and do like the zoo and other low cost attractions

Bent
March 28th, 2008, 09:32
Serrano

:roflmao:

Mr.OverKill
April 2nd, 2008, 20:59
i filled the loop with the 76/77 spot, its a double so i need company!! and dont get stupid, i want a woman

Jump This
April 6th, 2008, 12:58
i filled the loop with the 76/77 spot, its a double so i need company!! and dont get stupid, i want a woman

What you want and what you are likely to get......

butt :scottm:

Mdub
April 6th, 2008, 18:23
Looks like the loop is filled. I'm looking for a pull through. I might end up in the next loop over (the 100s).

4xSanta
April 6th, 2008, 19:01
Looks like the loop is filled. I'm looking for a pull through. I might end up in the next loop over (the 100s).
I did't no you were comin Marshall,look foward to seein ya again......SANTA

Mdub
April 6th, 2008, 19:33
I did't no you were comin Marshall,look foward to seein ya again......SANTA

I'm gonna do my best. Plan is that I'll be there.

JohnX
April 6th, 2008, 19:40
I'm looking for a pull through. I might end up in the next loop over (the 100s).
You're gonna be looking for a long time...all sites are back in :(

I plan to unload the jeep, then use it to back in the trailer, then park the truck.

Jump This
April 7th, 2008, 10:26
Marshal, its no big deal to pull in then unhook your Jeep/trailer then back into your spot. If there is an issue with your trailer I have plenty of room at my cabin to park it.

Rick

Mr.OverKill
April 7th, 2008, 16:26
Marshal, its no big deal to pull in then unhook your Jeep/trailer then back into your spot. If there is an issue with your trailer I have plenty of room at my cabin to park it.

Rickjust cant help BRAGGING ABOUT YOUR CABBIN, can you???? :D

Jump This
April 7th, 2008, 17:34
just cant help BRAGGING ABOUT YOUR CABBIN, can you???? :D

Hey, did I tell you about my Cabin in Big Bear, its way cool.........

:gee:

Russ has one too........

Mr.OverKill
April 7th, 2008, 18:42
:gee:

Russ has one too........but he doesnt gloat about it!!!!!!!!!!!:kissyou:

4xSanta
April 7th, 2008, 18:55
"ALERT ALERT ALERT " Rick has a cabin in Big Bear......SANTA

Mr.OverKill
April 7th, 2008, 19:05
"ALERT ALERT ALERT " Rick has a cabin in Big Bear......SANTANO F&%$ING WAY!!!

Jump This
April 7th, 2008, 19:32
NO F&%$ING WAY!!!

Yeah way!!

:cheers:

tcm glx
April 7th, 2008, 20:13
Yeah way!!

:cheers:
Rooms for rent? I clean, do bathrooms, wash rigs...blah blah blah?/?

toyotawrench
April 11th, 2008, 20:21
So I asked for the time off, they said no. However I will be headin down after work saturday, to help drink saturday night and for the clean up day on sunday :D.. what should i bring to help clean up?

peace
ted

karstic
April 12th, 2008, 00:50
what should i bring to help clean up?

peace
ted

I'll know more after next Sunday. I'll post a thread giving details on the AAT run. Thanks for helping out.

djblade311
April 13th, 2008, 11:07
Does anyone have spare room at Serrano for my rig and a tent? I was on the fence and procrastinated about my accommodations. If there is room for me to camp, I'll go that route. Otherwise, I'll just rent a room but id rather be with my homies

GrimmJeeper
April 13th, 2008, 22:04
Does anyone have spare room at Serrano for my rig and a tent? I was on the fence and procrastinated about my accommodations. If there is room for me to camp, I'll go that route. Otherwise, I'll just rent a room but id rather be with my homies i dunno how many rigs there can be in one spot.... but you can pitch your tent in my site bro...damn that sounds so wrong. :(

Mr.OverKill
April 13th, 2008, 22:23
Does anyone have spare room at Serrano for my rig and a tent? I was on the fence and procrastinated about my accommodations. If there is room for me to camp, I'll go that route. Otherwise, I'll just rent a room but id rather be with my homiesi might be able to help, i need to talk to cal and cracker before i lock it in

JohnX
April 14th, 2008, 06:58
Does anyone have spare room at Serrano for my rig and a tent? I was on the fence and procrastinated about my accommodations. If there is room for me to camp, I'll go that route. Otherwise, I'll just rent a room but id rather be with my homies
I think Remi said he had an extra site.

Kejtar
April 14th, 2008, 07:04
I think Remi said he had an extra site.
yup, I sent Josh a PM last night. Haven't heard anything back yet though.

djblade311
April 14th, 2008, 08:33
PM replied. Thanks guys!

and for the record, I wasnt looking for a free hand-out. I was willing to pay. I forgot to mention that and wanted to clarify so I didnt sound like a charity case. :)

Kejtar
April 14th, 2008, 09:53
PM replied. Thanks guys!

and for the record, I wasnt looking for a free hand-out. I was willing to pay. I forgot to mention that and wanted to clarify so I didnt sound like a charity case. :)
well.. but even when you pay you're still a charity case :D :D :D :D :D

Just messin with ya ;)

toyotawrench
April 14th, 2008, 11:57
Hey i'm kind of in the same position as josh, i will olny be comeing down for saturday night and sunday clean up, i have 2 sleeping bags(for me), i can either sleep in the back of the wj (tested it out already not bad) or i also bought a 8x9 (or 8x7) tent, it will jsut be me and im also williing to pay for the some room, anywho i can olny come out saturday night stupid work wouldnt give the time off.. Thanks in advance for your support :D

peace
ted

Jump This
April 15th, 2008, 16:47
I just got back from BB this afternoon. Spent the last weekend out there and the weather was just great! I heard you all were sweating your balls off!
We can only hope the weather is as nice during our trip up there!

Can't wait...

toyotawrench
April 17th, 2008, 23:57
bump, hows the trail look? How is it looking for me to help someone use there camp site?

Peace
ted

paulhead
April 22nd, 2008, 19:41
So I got a spot outside the main loop, would have liked to have been around everyone else especially considering I'm bringing the wife and kids. So if someone gives up a spot please let me know, thanx.

xL8 APEKSx
April 25th, 2008, 22:17
Just reserved site 22. There's a few left in that section.

It will be myself, the Mrs., 2 boys and a dog. We're gonna feel left out, so roll by and wave to us. lol. :)

GrimmJeeper
April 25th, 2008, 22:20
Just reserved site 22. There's a few left in that section.

It will be myself, the Mrs., 2 boys and a dog. We're gonna feel left out, so roll by and wave to us. lol. :) no you roll by the back loop and wave to US :D dont miss the BBQ/raffle saturday night! its a great place to meet new friends.... well... thats where i met Rick... so maybe not haha

:D

Mr.OverKill
April 26th, 2008, 08:43
dont miss the BBQ/raffle saturday night! its a great place to meet new friends.... well... thats where i met Rick... so maybe not haha

:DX200 :D

Kevin3151
May 1st, 2008, 13:27
There will be lots of wives and kids.

Mine are bringing their bikes to ride around.

KH