• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How Do ya

This makes thread #1 bazillion and 1 about this, you win the door prize. Now if you'd kindly find the door...........

I'm kidding, though there are many many many threads on this. You get what you pay for, and his shipping apparently leaves something to be desired are the common responses you'll get.

Ya, I didn't know what to search for. It seems Rusty's lifts are cheaper then RE. Just tring to get some thoughts on which lift. I know RE is a well known brand.

i like the stuff, currently running full rear packs, coils, adj. trackbar, bb, tow hooks, air tube all from rustys. shipping sucks though, you definently get the jacked up shippiing price, (60 $ for shipping on gears !!!!) so i'd look around a little

I've bought both Rusty's and RE parts over the years and I think it really depends on what your getting. IMHO Rusty's makes great skid plates, fab parts, and good steering components with the exception of the trackbar. For suspension stuff and trackbars RE is the way to go.

93XJMan said:
Ya, I didn't know what to search for. It seems Rusty's lifts are cheaper then RE. Just tring to get some thoughts on which lift. I know RE is a well known brand.
Rusty's is a well-known brand as well. Unfortunately, part of that notoriety is because his suspension parts are well-known to fail on ya. I've heard far too many stories that involve a Rusty's trackbar failure. As XJCreeper said, the armor parts seem to be pretty good, but stay away from the suspension side.

Anyone want a Rusty's hd trackbar, bracket, and brace for 6.5" of lift?
rustytb1.jpg

The problem I had with Rusty's trackbar setup was the frame bracket's bushing wearing out quickly. The bracket pinches the poly bushing and rips it apart. This one wore out in no time on the trail. If the bushing gets too far gone would it break? I didn't want to find out.
rustytb2.jpg

rustytb3.jpg

So I went back to the RE trackbar. Only problem is it isn't long enough for the lift I got and the tire centering is off about a 1/2". The RE super-flex joint is awesome and is still going after much use. Just wish the TB came in a longer size. I'm gonna do some more head scratching on this one and will be tackling this sometime.

XJCreeper said:
The problem I had with Rusty's trackbar setup was the frame bracket's bushing wearing out quickly. The bracket pinches the poly bushing and rips it apart. This one wore out in no time on the trail. If the bushing gets too far gone would it break? I didn't want to find out.
So I went back to the RE trackbar. Only problem is it isn't long enough for the lift I got .
So call Rusty's and get a 5/8's Heim for the axle end. If the RE bar is too short (Which I also experienced) just replace the track bar end.

I use Rusty's stuff in most of my truck and get 90% of my parts through him, from bushings, shafts, whole axles, to my Atlas 4 speed. Yes his shipping department does need a lesson in logistics management, but if you do a lot of repeat buisness with him he will go out of his way to make that worth your while.
PAJeepposer.jpg

What all happens to rustys trackbars. I had one given to me that was only used for about a month when my friend took his lift off his zj. Is it just bushing problems or do the welds break

I don't know. I've been using his adjustable TB for 3 years since my 6.5" long arm went on. No issues here. I have put heim joints on both ends though.

I also have had no issues with his suspension components, with the exception of the short life of the factory bushings on the CA's. And they don't last too long because I'm perhaps a little hard on the suspension. ;)

DaffyXJ said:
I don't know. I've been using his adjustable TB for 3 years since my 6.5" long arm went on. No issues here. I have put heim joints on both ends though.

I also have had no issues with his suspension components, with the exception of the short life of the factory bushings on the CA's. And they don't last too long because I'm perhaps a little hard on the suspension. ;)

Running pretty much the same setup here, but not quite 3 years. Only thing I have had to replace so far is the track bar bushings. oh I am not easy on it either.
URL]

Back