• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

radiator ?s please help

andy5569

NAXJA Forum User
ok so i have a bunch of time searcing to find what i need but i cant seem to find it what i am wondring is can i stick a normal radiator like one out of a ranger into the xj and if i can how would i go about doing that what parts would i need besides the radiator i hope i made sense thanks for your help

andy

normal radiator? whats that, one with a filler/cap?

what year xj do you have?

if you have an 87-90, do a search for open, or maybe closed, cooling conversion

andy5569 said:
ok so i have a bunch of time searcing to find what i need but i cant seem to find it what i am wondring is can i stick a normal radiator like one out of a ranger into the xj and if i can how would i go about doing that what parts would i need besides the radiator i hope i made sense thanks for your help

andy

what are you really looking for? A replacement radiator? A better radiator?

andy5569 said:

andy
search a little more on fitting an "open system" to a "closed system"
this will give you an overflow tank, and a fill cap and loose the pressure bottle. honestly, if you learn about how to handle a closed system, it will do you just fine. I just installed a CSF 3 row closed system rad in my '89, and works fuggin great. I put a GDI 3 row in my other '89 in college, also a closed system, and held up great too

Back