• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WHAT IS ON YOUR JUNK YARD WATCH LIST?

Bent

Only Marble Sharp
NAXJA Member
Looking for parts? All of us have those one or two items that we just can't get our hands on. This thread is for listing those elusive parts that we could use help in locating. This thread IS NOT for posting stuff you have you want to sell or give away. There are already places for that, sending a PM would be even better. If you find (or have) an Item on someone's list, contact them back channel, Let's try to keep the thread easy to read.

:rolleyes:
Yeah, right, like that will ever happen!

My Can't find it list:

1 @ Metric Ton badge of an MJ.

2 @ Interior "B" pillar lamps that still have the retaining clips.

1 @ Straight Chrome (OEM) rear step bumper or end caps.

TIM

EDIT: If we could edit our own posts (this thread only) it save a lot of reading, buuuuut ...... :roflmao:

OK, I'll play!

1) A spare A/C Compressor Replacement Idler Pully and bracket for same (I don't need the compressor mount bracket - just the one that mounts the pully.)

2) 2.46L XJ or MJ alternator mounting bracket (at least one.)

There's probably more, but that's what I'm looking for off the top of my head. Bay Area boneyards just plain SUCK for XJ/MJ stuff...

Tim - on a hunch, I just went through my box of XJ/MJ brass - no "Metric Tonne" brass. Sorry!

5-90

I highly doubt ill have any luck with my items but here I go......

1) ANY driver side D60

2) black or tan leather sear in good condition

How about a late model (97+) driver's side rear view mirror.

Kyung

ANY driver side D60 that is high pinion and uses kingpins :D

I want to play.

1. HP D30...

2. D44 Rear out of a TJ or ZJ...

That's all. Not much.

F350 D60 out of a 1979 F350 ( redundant aint I )
good rotors from a newer model D30
a 2000 or newer E350 4X4 van with solid axles, ( matching D60's front and rear )

cracker said:
ANY driver side D60 that is high pinion and uses kingpins :D

Thank you Troy

I am too looking for a 1978-79 HP D60 :wave:

rpraterxj said:
I want to play.

1. HP D30...

2. D44 Rear out of a TJ or ZJ...

That's all. Not much.

You don't want one out of a ZJ..............

I would like a tranny pan for an AW4.

-Mike

Mike L said:

-Mike

I was thinking the same thing.

cracker said:
I was thinking the same thing.

Ok. So what other model can I search in?

rpraterxj said:
Ok. So what other model can I search in?

Just TJ, that is if you want the brackets already installed. An XJ one would work but the brackets would need to be installed. The ZJ 44 is aluminum, it uses the same bearings/seals as a D35, not to mention very low aftermarket support.

-Mike

Mike L said:

-Mike

PM me a reminder in a day or so - I may have a couple floating about, and I'm going to have to clean up that area anyhow (if they're clean, I can set one aside for you...)

5-90

Mike L said:
Just TJ, that is if you want the brackets already installed. An XJ one would work but the brackets would need to be installed. The ZJ 44 is aluminum, it uses the same bearings/seals as a D35, not to mention very low aftermarket support.
-Mike

Thanks Mike. I had my axles mixed up. My preference is a D44 for the TJ. I do not know where to get a bracket kit for the TJ to mount onto an XJ axle. The ZJ axle I was thinking of is the 8.25. I am not sure that I want to build up a D35 that exist int he TJ today. I am reviewing this option though. I saw the Super 35 kit (Superior w/ ARB) and the D35 Super Truss. Pretty sweet sounding, but I have heard many horror stories around the D35. But, I have also heard of folks running the D35 for years with no issues.

Thanks again,
RP

GSequoia said:
Robert, why not an XJ44?

See previous post.. I don't know where to get the braketry (word?) to make it fit under my wifes' TJ.

Do you have an XJ 44 you want to part with? :)

rpraterxj said:
See previous post.. I don't know where to get the braketry (word?) to make it fit under my wifes' TJ.

Do you have an XJ 44 you want to part with? :)
Nope.. Didn't realize it was for a TJ.

XJ will probably be the easiest to get though. Get one of the smart guys here to burn on the bracketry (using the 35 as a tempelate.)

Well, a little searching with the right keywords.. Currie and Rubicon Express have axle bracket kits, so now I am able to look for more options.

So does anone have a D44 to part with?

Back