• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Vaccum disco elimination

Luggz

NAXJA Forum User
I have been told that i could swap a passenger side axle shaft out of a late moldel dana 30 (non disco) into a disco style dana 30 to eliminate the stupid discconect..Has anyone done this?Is there any mods that have to be done???Thanks in advace folks!

Hope you have better luck finding a seal that fits properly than I did. But then again, if there is some whacky one of a kind part...I seem to always end up with it:eeks1:

I read through the referenced URL. I used the same method to replace the outter axle seal on a dana30, using all-thread and washers. I didn't do the socket thing which just didn't spring into my head when I did the seal, but I'll sure use that when I get into replacing a seal again in the near term future.

What I was wondering about though was if he was replacing the passenger's side axle with the one piece axle. I gather he wasn't though as it was put together with the 2-piece vacuum disco axle.

I read some place, but can't recall where now that you can replace the two-piece axle with a one piece axle. However the axle seal would then be installed in the axle tube right by where the tube exits into the differential housing. And that's what I thought the URL was refering to by the title. Anyway, any idea of what the axle seal P/N that is used when replacing the two-piece axle with a one piece and placing the seal in the housing tube right by the differential on the passengers side???

This is what I have found from another board. I want to try and do this this summer as I have the axle sitting in my room. I havent done it, so I cant vouch for it, but this might help you.
the crap you need to get rid of the vacume Dana 30 axle shit and go up to solid axles.

Warn:
Inner seal - 37897
Outer seal - 60006
Block off plate - 39147

\Warn's customer service number is 1-888-722-6730

Stu's write up
http://www.stu-offroad.com/axle/yjd30convert/yjconvert-1.htm

This is for a YJ, but it should be the same thing, right?

Back