• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

lift question

heavyhopper

NAXJA Forum User
have a 92 xj has pro comp 3" coils up front and pro comp 3.5" leafs, what should i use to level this out as the rear sits a little higher then front, so should i go coil spacers up front with the pro comp springs? my rear height from ground to flare is 37" and front doing same is 35-35.5", thanks

you want to measure from center of wheel hub to flare...not from ground...measuring from the ground adds into account tire wear and psi...

1) how long have you had the lift installed??? (give it time to settle)

2) how much do you wheel/flex??? (working the suspension helps it settle)

3) how much weight do you carry in the back of the XJ??? (heavy weight helps helps it settle)

Just swing by Jenny Craig and pick up a few bigguns' since that place will be full of people starting their New years resolutions and put 1 or 2 on the back...that will fix it! On a serious note, like was stated above, if they are fairly new springs they will settle in time, or just put some cheap coil spacers up front.

the back "generally" sits a little higher because it's usually where the "gear" or weight is carried. so when it settles, it should be more level.

if you try to raise the front to level it out, then when the rear settles in, it'll be lower in the front..

I would leave it for a while and just carry some weight around in the back or go wheeling and flex the hell out of it for a while. it'll settle. also make sure that you didn't ream the shackle and main eye bolt on as hard as you could. that could be causing some slight binding making it a little stiffer and in some instances sit higher. you want to use a torque wrench on the leaf springs and only torque the bolts to the required specs.

Back