• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

low voltage (help its my d/d)

DurbElites

NAXJA Forum User
long story short... went through a mud pit and got the entire engine covered in mud and when i got out of the pit my car was misfiring like hell. let it sit and dry and it started right up and ran fine. two days later (today) coming home for work=check engine light... but its running fine. Problem- low voltage on the gauge into the red and doesn't move, and my oil pressure is about 75 psi when i'm driving. um. HELP!!! D/D need advise quick.

You need to clean out the alternator. Since it's probably kissed already, if it were me I'd get a garden hose and flush that fugger while the engine is running, if you can get it started again. Reman Nippondenso's aren't cheap...

DurbElites said:
long story short... went through a mud pit and got the entire engine covered in mud

There you go! Concur on flushing out the alternator - just make sure it's dried thoroughly (heat it up good) after you flush it. According to my alternator guy, the springs can rust and break rather easily (he's had to replace brush packs for that very reason more than a few times...)

thanks will flush out asap if not hit up a local junk yard and get one that works. any idea about the oil pressure gauge??? it sits at 40psi at idle and 75-80psi driving! and it twiches when it does so. sensor was replaced about five times because it would leak into the connector plug. ALSO...(im so frustrated) occasionally when the motor goes down to idle from driving and i hit the gas to go again (ex. stoplight) it will stumble for a second then take off or option B it gives me is= it will sound like its running on five cylinders until about 1500-2000 and take off, any ideas????

Back