• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

dana 30 lockright and posi-lok? good idea?

blondejoncherokee

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
ok, well i recently came across a dana 30 posi lok and a d30 lockright, both for 60$ all together. im running 33x12.5s and want the front to be as reliable as possible. i was wondering what kinda luck you guys have had with this setup if anyone is running it? im thinking the front locker would only be good with the posilok so i can turn in 4 at the pull of a lever. or is the posi-lok crap and will i snap shafts like crazy with 33's, i kno they guarantee up to 33's, but is it reasonable?

Just do the posi-lock

This is the setup I have. Has worked great for about 6 years now. I have only broke the ear on an axle, and I'm guessing the U-joint cap came loose there. (it then pried my ball-joints loose) Works reliable, and that is a really good price. The Lockright has worked flawlessly for me.

Running 33's with 4.88's

I did upgrade to 95 wrangler Axles to get the bigger U-joints after the stock one failed...

cool, thanks for the advice. im definetly thinking about dropping it in my rig then. i basically paid 15$ for the posi lok for the dana 30 cad system, and 15$ for the lockright for the dana 30, i think for that price its worth swapping in.

blondejoncherokee said:
cool, thanks for the advice. im definetly thinking about dropping it in my rig then. i basically paid 15$ for the posi lok for the dana 30 cad system, and 15$ for the lockright for the dana 30, i think for that price its worth swapping in.

If they work, it's a smoking good deal!

well, technically , theyre not mine yet, i still have to pull them outta the donor veichle. i believe the rear has a lockrite too, its semi floating but not a d44, so im guessing its a amc20? ill prob pull that too, it wont work in the 44, but i could sell it i guess.
one questio though, on the rear axle i pulled the shafts, pulled out the cross pin, pulled out the springs in the lock rite, but i still cant get the locker out. is there something im missing? i thought after shafts, then cross pin, then springs? is there a write up online for assembling the locker itself? everything i find just says: and now assemble the locker... im having the same problem with the front sorta, but the gear is too thick and im gonna have to pull the carrier too

actually the rear is prob a semi floating dana 35.

Back