• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Running wires for a trailer on a XJ without a towing package?

Plays For Jeeps

NAXJA Forum User
So I need some way to haul my bike around and I picked up a trailer hitch for $20 at the junkyard. I bolted it up and no problems there.

Then it hit me, how would I go about hooking up the lights for the trailer? Is there a wiring plug tucked up into one of frame rails somewhere?

Will it be a pain to wire in the connection for a trailer on a XJ without a towing package?

Thanks guys!

Heres the easiest way to go.
http://www.trailerwiring.com/
You can buy them from a ton of places online or you would most likely have to special order it from a local auto parts store or Uhaul, maybe even Tractor Supply.
It connects to your factory harness behind the rear drivers interior panel.

Plays For Jeeps said:
^Thanks!

No prices on that website though. Theres no way I can take the wires from a XJ with a towing package is there? Is that a plug N play kinda deal?

I cant say about the tow package. The plug n play Hoppy setup usually runs about $20 if I remember right, but its been awhile since I shopped for one.

So the Uhaul kit is NOT plug-N-play but the Hoppy is? And the hoppy is cheap? Sweet!

I was just worried it would be more money than the $100 trailer Im thinking about.

Thanks guys!

Back