• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Preparing XJ for WWWIII

88XjLaredo

NAXJA Forum User
I notice more and more everyday that the state of this country is in rapid decline and is approaching the point of no return. The economy is failing, the Chinese are knocking on our door, National ID is happening this year or next, etc. It is my belief that a war will be fought on American soil or a revolution will happen in the next 5 years. Call me insane, but really look at the current situation. There is only so much Americans will take from there government as well as foreign countries. My question is this...If you were to build an XJ for battle or survival, what would your minimum requirements be? What are the basic things I would need?

Or the news. Get a bigger gas tank and another battery. And basically anything youd bring on the trails (straps, lights, etc.).

:twak: DiLithium crystals won't be invented till 2024....no forcefield.

Mods??? 50 cal....S.A.W. .....M-203.....screw it trade in the XJ for a M1A1...

Already in the process :D

DSC_6734.jpg

dmwide.jpg

I would keep my XJ the way it is rght now, with the exception of a kegerator and a revolving supply of whores and waffles. If the world (or our US freedom) is going to come to an end, I could not think of any other way I would want to spend it other then wheelin, drinkin and porkin' some ho while chowin' on some Eggos............

XJ&TJ4ME said:
I would keep my XJ the way it is rght now, with the exception of a kegerator and a revolving supply of whores and waffles. If the world (or our US freedom) is going to come to an end, I could not think of any other way I would want to spend it other then wheelin, drinkin and porkin' some ho while chowin' on some Eggos............
Amen to that :patriot:

88XjLaredo said:
I notice more and more everyday that the state of this country is in rapid decline and is approaching the point of no return. The economy is failing, the Chinese are knocking on our door, National ID is happening this year or next, etc. It is my belief that a war will be fought on American soil or a revolution will happen in the next 5 years. Call me insane, but really look at the current situation. There is only so much Americans will take from there government as well as foreign countries. My question is this...If you were to build an XJ for battle or survival, what would your minimum requirements be? What are the basic things I would need?

I ponder the same question to some extent. Fact of the matter is, Tornado / Hurricane etc, normal natural disasters... a stock vehicle wont get around nearly as well as a Trail Ready rig... so being prepared is always a good choice. No civilian vehicle is going to handle a friggin WAR... But a good Trail rig could keep you out in the boonies where there may be less danger.

anyhow, I understand your concern, all I can say is move to the north pole. I hear its getting nice and warm up there.

:skull1:

Pharaoh XJ said:
any updates on project SPARTAN ?

the last 2 threads ive made on naxja concerning it have been deleted for whatever reason...

it has a cage going in/already built...just needs welding. winter doesnt make for good chop top projects haha

lots o stuff to come

Far more likely that a jihadists will succeed with a domestic WMD attack than "civil war" (ROFL) but the need is the same.

The jeep will be pretty much useless except for getting to your hideout. Electronics might not work, and gasoline will be extremely difficult to obtain without power. Who's going to fix your flats without compressed air? So really, getting to your hideout in one piece is your mission, and you don't need much more vehicle than you alread have for that.

As for actual survival, a years supply of MREs cost about $4k which is pretty cheap when you think about what it would be like to ever need a year's supply of MREs. A fresh water supply is pretty important. Local renewable energy that won't get knocked over or stop working during nuclear winter means a freshwater wheel of some kind which is probably illegal in most states. Ammo, lots and lots of ammo. If you can figure out a way to keep a female of childbearing age on site in anticaption don't tell us about it. If you want to have your vehicle available for mobility after things settle a bit you will also need to have fuel storage, air compressors, generators, and enough stored power (gas, whatever) to last a year.

Chatanooga is a pretty good area for this if you have the property. Lots of water and it's isolated enough.

.50 cal for the big guns & a good huntin rifle (Ak-47 is a good choice), (scrap the military issue m-16/m-4, its junk). as for the "nuclear winter, forget it, aint nobody gonna survive it. unless of course ya are willing to live underground about 50 miles or sountil the earth cleans itself back up to being livable again. 1 year wont be enough time, more like 10 to 15 years.

cracked-butt said:
.50 cal for the big guns & a good huntin rifle (Ak-47 is a good choice), (scrap the military issue m-16/m-4, its junk). as for the "nuclear winter, forget it, aint nobody gonna survive it. unless of course ya are willing to live underground about 50 miles or sountil the earth cleans itself back up to being livable again. 1 year wont be enough time, more like 10 to 15 years.

you can take my home-made, no paperwork ar-15 from my cold dead hands. of course, you will have to wait until I run out of .45-70 ammo first

as for the jeep, I was thinking something more madMax:
madmaxes.jpg

Back