• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Howdie

Dawg

NAXJA Forum User
I have been lurking for a few months and figured sence Im throwing posts everywhere I sould do a intro....Names Tim live in Lake Elsinore I picked up a 97XJ a few months ago actually it showed up in my drive way traded for a 98 zuki sidekick I had for sale, It has some mods done to it... A Ahummm....3.5" Tuff country lift ( I know feel free to get it out of your system) with the highley sought after 3" blocks and severly frowing leafs in the rear? nice !! I am looking to fix that looking at the RE4.5 or maybe the 5.5 I found them for 100.00 difference wiith a SYE CV shaft ect..... I have started going thru it replaced the raditior ,cluster needs a windshield and a anoying oil leak found/fixed. It seems like it sat for awhile it also has a surco rack,hi-lift jack(minus the base ?) some decent bumpers a C4x4 rear with tire carrier and a huge cow catcher something on the front ? lol The guy I got it from bought it from someone in Fullerton around May it has " El Hefe 4x4" stickers on the quarterpanels ,black with silver bushwacker flairs if anyone knows who had it it would save alot of gessing ,gears ect. props to the So Cal board you guys are the most active group and the knowlage base is like the comercial says "pricless".......

Welcome!! GrimmJeeper typically takes care of the welcome, but in his abscence...

Good stuff strating out with going through the fluids...

Haha, I had the Tuff Country system.. goofy kit but it worked for a lil bit..

Welcome to Naxja... If you get a chance... spend the $35.. its well worth it

ZacSquatch said:
Haha, I had the Tuff Country system.. goofy kit but it worked for a lil bit..

Welcome to Naxja... If you get a chance... spend the $35.. its well worth it
Good Idea, I think I have saved at least twice that much already lol,

Welcome!! GrimmJeeper typically takes care of the welcome, but in his abscence...

Good stuff strating out with going through the fluids...
First thing I did dumped em all...Thanks

Hey Tim, welcome! I am also in Elsinore...

I think if you are tossing up between the RE kits. Go with the 5.5 with drop brackets & the heavy duty track bar & bracket. I think in the long run you'll be happier.
I started with the 4.5 kit but all i have left from that now are the springs.

Might see you around some time.

doodie

-:)-

mattyj said:
Hey Tim, welcome! I am also in Elsinore...

I think if you are tossing up between the RE kits. Go with the 5.5 with drop brackets & the heavy duty track bar & bracket. I think in the long run you'll be happier.
I started with the 4.5 kit but all i have left from that now are the springs.

Might see you around some time.
Yea thats what Im worried about... lol , at 100.00 difference its hard to pass up!! Then I would need to regear and tires or drive around looking like a stadum Monster truck in transport with stock wheels :scared: I have 31" bfg mt's now they are new so we could sell em I gess....Hummmm....

Yep, bigger tires, gears, lockers etc..... all the fun stuff you need to think about if you want to go with that much lift & wheel the kind of stuff most of us socal guys do.

Welcome Tim! Watch out for that guy with the funny accent...he'll get you deep into mods like you wouldnt believe. :) His XJ has evolved quickly for the better I should add...

If you are gonna wheel that XJ, might as wheel go for the 5.5 kit.

djblade311 said:
Welcome Tim! Watch out for that guy with the funny accent...he'll get you deep into mods like you wouldnt believe. :) His XJ has evolved quickly for the better I should add...

funny accent=deeeep into trouble.:guitar:

Welcome man, sounds like you've already gone one hell of a start.

Edit: Let me know if you ever want to hit Skyline. The trails will be rougher than hell once they open the gates back up.

Last edited:
Welcome Tim... XJ's are like crack, nicotene, heir-on, etc., they're addictive and won't be able to leave alone..... I sold my XJ 2 years ago :twak: and guess what... my sorry ass is back here on NAXJA!!! XJ'less but still a member none the less, however I do have my son's MJ that we just picked up and we're trying to get running...

Scott Suyeto

TheWarWagon said:
Welcome man, sounds like you've already gone one hell of a start.

Edit: Let me know if you ever want to hit Skyline. The trails will be rougher than hell once they open the gates back up.
Once I get my junk straight I may take you up on that. As it is now I dont trust the suspension enough to wheel it much......This is my last project http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2239703 I dont plan on getting that carried away with the XJ..The first picture here is at the OHV area it was in Toyota Owners Magazing. On a side note I found out as of Jan 31st Rubicon Express is raising all there prices anyones gess how much ?

djblade311 said:

Remember...... its you with funny accent....not me!:laugh3:

And, i took a leisurely 2 years to go from this....

IMG_0764.jpg

to this

PIC-0122.jpg

:moon:

Thanks, Only prob was when it was done it was to pretty to wheel? Doh.....
won a few car shows though ,,,Nice XJ you got bit with the " I cant stop modding" bug to I see ? lol

97xjdawg said:
Once I get my junk straight I may take you up on that. As it is now I dont trust the suspension enough to wheel it much......This is my last project http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2239703 I dont plan on getting that carried away with the XJ..The first picture here is at the OHV area it was in Toyota Owners Magazing. On a side note I found out as of Jan 31st Rubicon Express is raising all there prices anyones gess how much ?
Famous last words.....

That reminds me of Vintagespeed wanting to build a "mild mj to take camping".

hah.

Back