• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Attn nine inch ford guru's

binderbart

NAXJA Forum User
Need help identifiying what I got in the cherokee for a nine inch. I was going to pull it and go back to a 35, but after numerous mentions in here about how I'd being going backwards, I have second thoughts. Here's what I found on it tonight, I pulled one of the axle shafts, from the flange to the end of the shaft measures 32". The sleeve that holds the bearing on has printed on it "for axle size 1.531. It is a 31 spline. It measures 58" from flange to flange between the pumpkin. and these are all the numbers I found on the carrier
DIF 78 or 8L
E3TW8A
can anyone tell me exactly what I got so I can find a 3:54 carrier at a bone yard to swap in for now?

mjdavis31 said:
find a bronco with an auto it has 3:55s you could get the whole drop out for 100 bux around my neck of the woods.

Already called the bronco guys in our club, none have that. My real question is, what did this axle come out of? I need to know for future preference-wheel cylinders,brake shoes, etc. From your post I'm guessing you read my other post, and yes I'm leaning towards keeping the nine inch now. I would just like to know what I got. the axle shaft doesn't look like a home made job, I was hoping to see a Mosser stamp on it some where but no such luck. I've been searching for a couple of hours and the only thing I have found that might be close to these measurements is out of a crown vic.

Back