• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wire that comes out of distributor!

jackieonasses

NAXJA Forum User
I parted out my cherokee about 6 months ago, so i cant figure this out. its for my friend. I lost my fsm and he posted up on our local site.

Jeep PPL Need Help plz

just put a motor in a 92 4L 4wd jeep...

where this plug in?

DSC00984.jpg

DSC00985.jpg

thanks a ton guys.

jackieonasses said:
Does it come in through the firewall? i am having severe troubles finding it. sorry for being so newb-ish.

It looks like it fell down. It comes up from the bellhousing of the transmission and usually has a metal clamp holding the wire plug end to the fuel rail and away from melting on the exhaust manifold.

Last edited:
No the crank sensor is bolted to the the top of the tranny. Look down by the firewall on that side of the motor, you should see a plug with 3 wires and 2 bolts sticking out of what looks to be the block. That is the sensor. Can be bought for 62$ at advanced auto, made by GP Sorensen(at least mine was) you will need to jack the front end up and use a ratchet with like a 2-3 foot extension with i believe was an 11mm socket and a swivel. Takes about 30min your first time and be patient the bolts can be stubborn to get to. If your not replacing it just fish down there with one of those flixible finger things and you will most likely need some form of light.

MJR and 94XJ2door5speed,

I want to thank you both for all the help. It was the crank angle sensor and once looking at the old tranny to know where it was, then I easily found it on the jeep. My friend had hooked it out of the way for engine installation.

I hooked it up and she ran great :)

Without your help it would have taken a long time to find the plug, and most likely would have been an accident.

Back