• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bigger tires, odometer correction, and gas milage log

splitz

NAXJA Forum User
I took a trip over the holidays, which gave me an opportunity to test out my Garmin Nuvi 660 and my new overhead console. I have 31" Firestone Destination MTs and about 3" of lift (maybe more, who knows at this point)

Anyway here are my findings:

log.JPG

The interesting thing was how off my odometer is (I didn't get a new speedo gear cuz I"m going 4.56's and 33s soon).

These are not enough data points to determin anything with any level of certainty, and I don't really know how accurate the Garmin is for odometer use. Especially since the % difference between the Garmin and the trip odometer varied by >.75%.

I don't know if this data is helpful to anyone but me, but I figured I'd share anyway. Oh, and if you're asking what kind of gas milage you should expect with 31 MTs and 3-4"s of lift, my answer is: 12mpg city, 17mpg highway

Last edited:
Mine's ('97) stock and i have the discrepancy between the overhead and dash. Do they possibly get their readings from different places?

I got a Magellan explorist 500 for Christmas last year and love it. Mostly for geocaching but it helped me find out my speedo was off 5 kph exactly. Mines a handheld mostly for hiking so it doesnt have the detail like yours does. Nice.

Back