• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another shock question (sorry)

Mopar500

NAXJA Forum User
I've searched, and I can't determine the answer to my question.
I lifted my XJ about 2". I have OME springs in front and some custom springs in back. I kept the Monroe Relex shocks I had before the lift.

The ride was never very good, but now it feels very harsh, like there is too high compression rate. I'm begining to feel like I need a kindney belt! I hope it's not the springs.

It's strange, it seems to handle the small bumps and big bumps alright. But going down a rough highway at 70-75 miles an hour, my head is bumping the roof.

1. Would raising 2" have a negative effect on stock heght shocks? The rear is a little higher since there is a bit of a rake.
2. Would going with an OME or Bilstien shock make the ride cushier?
3. Are the other shocks that much better than the Reflexes (I hope)?

Thanks

sounds like new shocks are in order. yours may be too short for one thing--even the RE budget boost comes with longer shocks and most super budget boosts come with shock extensions even. how old are the shocks? give them a quick inspection to see if they are leaking or anything.

Back