• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rpm calculator

binderbart

NAXJA Forum User
anyone know of a web site with a rpm calculator? where you can punch in tire size/mph/rpm's and get the gear ratio?

binderbart said:
tried it, it computed to Nan???
I'll try it again later, we're headed to the shop to do some wrenching. I have 31x10.5x15's, at 55 I tach at 2100, just trying to guess what the rear axle is geared at before I tear it out.

what engine/tranny do you have?

that will tell you alot...if its 4.0L with AW4 auto then you have 3.55s unless you have the offroad (skids, towhooks)and towing package on it, then you have 3.73s

-Tim

jeepnuts311 said:
what engine/tranny do you have?

that will tell you alot...if its 4.0L with AW4 auto then you have 3.55s unless you have the offroad (skids, towhooks)and towing package on it, then you have 3.73s

-Tim

what I have is not stock by any means, there is a ford nine inch rear axle in it that was custom made. The front axle tag said it was a 3:54 but once I tore it down I found it to be a 4:56 geared front end. I'm thinking that tomorrow I'm going to drop a stock D35 in the rear that is 3:54 to match the stock front I dropped in 2 weeks ago.

binderbart said:
what I have is not stock by any means, there is a ford nine inch rear axle in it that was custom made. The front axle tag said it was a 3:54 but once I tore it down I found it to be a 4:56 geared front end. I'm thinking that tomorrow I'm going to drop a stock D35 in the rear that is 3:54 to match the stock front I dropped in 2 weeks ago.
you're going backwards!

Back