• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

driveshaft question with re1801 sye

bcmaxx

NAXJA Forum User
89 xj with 242, been running a modified front shaft in the rear, just got my new coast driveline shaft but the cv section(dc) is a little different. It looks just the the rear of the front shaft with the four bolts, how do I mate it to the sye flange??

I'll get some pics in the morning of what I have in ther right now and a pic of the new shaft.

The shaft I am currently running has more of a companion type flange like what I have to mate it to the 8.8 flange.
I really dont want to messs with the new one as its all new with spicer u joints and balanced

This is what I currently have:
IMG_0004-1.jpg

IMG_0003-1.jpg

And this is my new shaft that I must adapt:
IMG_0002-1.jpg

IMG_0001-1.jpg

Your gonna need a different shaft or maybe you can get a new yoke for the T-case instead of the flange style. Contact Coast with some measurements of the flange bolt pattern and the diameter of the center hole and see if they can build you one.

Why not just rebuild the one you have, or is it too short?

Need a different tranny yoke to match that shaft.

I took the new one somewhat apart and it looks like I will be able to use my current companion flange as long as the centering ball is the same size.You think If you gave the shop the exact specifics they would give you the right friggin shaft the first time!

You need this flange. Spicer# 211229X or Napa part# PUJ627 to mate your DS to the SYE.

Back