• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fan shroud MIA!!

opie1

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone know where I can find a shroud for my clutch fan. I have a 89 4.0. I can't find it anywhere but the dealer. If it were something else then maybe but I'm a bit of a cheapskate. So if theres a web site or something out there I'd really appreciate it.

Junkyard but that is one of the cheaper parts to get at a dealer or check for people parting out XJ's in your area. Make sure your motor mounts are not cracked or you might break the new one. Part # 52027762

Last edited:
The junkyards around here generally rip the core support, grill and all off to get to the rad. to scrap it. So after all that the shrouds are just a pile of plastic pieces. I guess if I can't find one I'll have to go to a dealer.

The fan shroud is one of those items they priced reasonably. I think it was like $20 or $22 for my 98, even the TJ one was pretty cheap and thats a biggy for the 2.5L.... If you do get one from the dealer open the box before you pay for it to make sure it's not broken, I got two broken ones before I got a good one. The first one I did not find out till I got home, second I got smart and checked it at the counter, broken, the third was the charm..

Last edited:
Back