• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

oddle placed zerks or??

MG2000XJ

NAXJA Forum User
So I have never greased my own fittings before and while I was at Napa picked up a grease gun & grease. The gun I got has the flewible rubber hose with the nozzle/fitting on the end. I went to grease the lower arms and I found my zerks are facing the opposite way. Is this backwards and can I just loosen it up a bit and turn it around?

Then, I went to do the shackles and there isnt enough room between the bracket and fitting to get the nozzle/fitting on it.

How do I get to these? Do the make 90* fittings for the end of the hose?

yes you can rotate the zerk fitting , so it's pointed the right way , had to do the same thing on mine . on the rear , replace the zerk with a 90 degree one (like the control arms). I have the 90 degree one's on my shackels , but I do have to use the high-lift or semi-flex it out to completly get on fitting

Awesome, thanks guys. Where can I buy fittings? Home Depot, Lowes? There arent any TSC's or tractor stores any where around where I live (go figure, Im surrounded by farms).

MG2000XJ said:
Awesome, thanks guys. Where can I buy fittings? Home Depot, Lowes? There arent any TSC's or tractor stores any where around where I live (go figure, Im surrounded by farms).

Same place you bought the grease gun should have them - I've seen them at the local auto parts houses, and at the hardware store. They're pretty standard - just a ball with a 1/16"NPT thread behind it. You can usually find them as a kit - a few straight fittings, a couple of 45-degree zerks, and a couple of 90-degree fittings.

what brand arms are those? My old BDS arms had fittings like that, however they were on the "frame" side of the arm. Where is the fitting on the other end of the arm? Any chance the arms are installed wrong?

They are installed correctly, you just need to rotated the zerks 180.

5-90 said:
Same place you bought the grease gun should have them - I've seen them at the local auto parts houses, and at the hardware store. They're pretty standard - just a ball with a 1/16"NPT thread behind it. You can usually find them as a kit - a few straight fittings, a couple of 45-degree zerks, and a couple of 90-degree fittings.

They also sell metric threaded ones, but yours are probably standard thread.

5-90 said:
No,they are 1/4"-28.

RCP Phx said:
No,they are 1/4"-28.

Interesting. All the zerks I've seen have tapered threads, indicating a pipe thread. 1/8"NPT is far too large for most automotive zerks.

Granted, I just checked them visually. How did you determine that they're 1/4"-28? Not doubting, just curious...

Back